Guanahani, Isle de France or St. Martin

Nov 6th, 2002, 02:08 PM
Tim

Guanahani, Isle de France or St. Martin

I have read the posts on here as well as on SBHonline.com about hotels in SBH. We (a early 30's couple) are looking to spend 8 nights in SBH. We like sports, activities, the pool as well as a great beach and are looking for something classy/cute or unsual. Our first thought was to stay at Guanahani for either 8 nights or 5 nights with 3 on St. Martin. Although very cute (as seen from the brochure), Guanahani was not being raved about as much as our other choice on SBH, Hotel St. Barth Isle de France. My new thought would be to stay on SBH for all 8 nights, but do a 4/4 split between the two hotels with perhaps a day trip to St. Martin. What would you "in the know" people reccomend?

Nov 6th, 2002, 03:40 PM
dtour

Major airline stops in St Martin.Recomend maybe first and last day in St Martin with Isles de France as place to stay in St Barts.St Barts is only 8 miles around with lots of beautiful secluded beaches.Isles de France A1 can't miss,no shit.

Nov 7th, 2002, 06:58 AM
liz

St. Barths is the literal heaven on earth. Don't use St. Martin as anything but a jumping off point. You will want to change your plans midstream, once you see St. Barths. I agree with the other poster, the Guanahani has a great setting but too family oriented for a young couple with no kids.

Nov 7th, 2002, 02:48 PM
meg

My recommendation is to rent a villa in St. Barth's for your entire stay. See WIMCO.COM for a great and affordable selection.

Nov 8th, 2002, 06:46 AM
Cissy

Another vote for St. Barth's. Also check out www.stbarths.com for other villa rentals. It's paradise!

Nov 8th, 2002, 07:02 AM
joyb

Isle de France is the best choice of the two, aside from villa rentals. It has a fabulous beach, Guanahani does not. Forget St. Maarten you can't compare.