Notices

Guadeloupe + Martinique, where to stay?

Jan 24th, 1998, 08:55 AM
Volker Zies

Guadeloupe + Martinique, where to stay?

I will spend almost three weeks on Guadeloupe and Martinique in April and I am still looking for cheap accomodations. I would also be very interested in staying with a host family in order to improve my French.
In addition I would like to find out about ferries going from Guadeloupe to Martinique.
I am 20 years old and German. I will travel on my own.
Please help me out!

Feb 13th, 1998, 05:12 PM
Lili

I don't think that anywhere on Martinique is exactly "inexpensive", although it is a beautiful place with delicious food. That of course depends on how
inexpensive you need to be. Try contacting the French West Indies Tourism Office for information about hostels or b-and-b rentals with a family. I was able to afford a medium-priced hotel when I went last year, and I certainly got good value for my money.

If you stay on the Atlantic side of the island, *away* from the Fort-de-France and Point du Bout areas, I think you'll find it more affordable. Hitch-hiking is a normal way to travel around, so that makes it cheap enough to go to another part of the island. An hour's drive can take you to a very
different landscape. If you like hiking, stay nearer the north part of the island. If you prefer lazy beaches, stay in the south. The tiny villages a few miles inland would probably be a better choice for economy if you find a family to board with.

Enjoy your trip.

Feb 14th, 1998, 01:14 AM
chip c.

Le Tulipier in Anse a'l Anne is a 4 plex and is clean cheap and the owner cares.

Search this Thread