Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page > Grenada next month - restaurant questions
Notices

Grenada next month - restaurant questions

Mar 26th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Original Poster

Grenada next month - restaurant questions

Our long awaited trip to Grenada is next month and our stay will be split between Laluna and Spice Island Resort. While at Laluna, looking for restaurant suggestions that are closeby, so we don't have to spend a fortune on cabs to and from, or maybe restaurants that would pick us up and return us to our hotel. Any ideas?
Mar 29th, 2011, 08:24 AM

Hi, I lived in Grenada for 6 months, and it is an incredible place with wonderful people. Near Laluna, there are a few restaurants I remember. The Owl at the Flamboyant Hotel is pretty good and affordable. They have tables on the beach. Savvy's at Mount Cinnamon I didn't go to, but is likely pretty good. Both of these are walking distance or a very short cab from Laluna area. Another good restaurant, but a good distance away in Lance aux Epines, is Rhodes at the Calabash Hotel.

If you are comfortable, I would recommend you take a trip to Belmont Estate near the northo coast. It is a very interesting cocoa plantation with a lot of history. Good food there too, especially the callaloo soup. And if you really want to integrate with the locals, go to Fish Friday in Gouyave. It is a fresh fish street party every Friday. I found it very safe the many times I went. Enjoy Grenada. It is a very special place.

Search this Thread