Grenada in September? hostels?

Aug 6th, 1999, 07:06 AM
Mike

Grenada in September? hostels?

I'm 25, single and thinking of going to Grenada for the first week of September. I'm traveling solo. Are there any cheap youth hostels or other cheap accommodations? I'm a BUDGET traveler. I was thinking about Puerto Rico, but I hear Grenada is much nicer. What about the climate? Will it be raining all week? Will I get to meet other 20-somethings or is it an older crowd that goes?

Aug 6th, 1999, 12:29 PM
Sara

We were in Grenada the first week in September last year. It did rain every day, but not for the whole day. It was beautiful, and has some great hiking and beaches available. However, because it is the rainy season, there were almost no tourists. We were on our honeymoon and liked the fact that there were no people, but if you are wanting to meet other travelers, I'm not sure that would be so easy. There are good rates on hotels at that time of year, but I think some of them may shut down then too.
Feel free to e-mail if you have more questions.

Aug 12th, 1999, 07:12 AM
Linda

My husband and I went to Grenada and loved it. We stayed with Mrs. Mitchell
she has rooms that are very budget but clean. I called the Grenada tourist board and they referred e to her. It is
in town and close to action. Waterfalls,rain forest and beautiful scenery. You might consider LaSource it
is an all inclusive but moderately priced. We stayed 2 nights in town and 5 nights all-inclusive. Cost for food is expensive, the people are very shy and will probably thank you if your an American. It is difficult to fly to Grenada, very limited air service.

Search this Thread