Reload this Page >

Grenada/Blue Horizon vs. Coral Cove Cottages

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 11:48 AM
kevin

Planning a trip in Nov. with my wife & 2 boys (7 & 9). Any advise on place to stay, things to do, restaurants?

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 01:21 PM
Eva

Hi Kevin. I stayed at Coral Cove about 10 years ago. The cottages were spacious and clean, and the grounds were lovely. However, the beach -- while good for snorkeling -- was not good for swimming, and we needed to drive to get anywhere. This side of the Lanse Aux Epines peninsula is lovely, but also a bit remote. <BR><BR>Though I've not stayed at Blue Horizons, the location is a lot more convenient, and it is walking distance to lovely Grand Anse Beach, as well as Morne Rouge.<BR><BR>For more on Grenada (where there is an endless variety of things to do), visit www.grenadaexplorer.com. Also, feel free to check out my website, wehre the Grenada and the Grenadines trip reports hit some of the high spots (with photos): www.homestead.com/islandtime/MainPage1.html.

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 05:46 PM
nm

We stayed at Coral Cove 4 yrs. ago and thought it was a real bargain. The accommodations, while not plush, meet all of your basic needs. The views are wonderful and the snorkeling is outstanding compared to much of Grenada. We have also stayed on Grand Anse, not Blue Horizon, and prefer Coral Cove. Grenada is a great destination with kids--do the falls, rain forest. Travel around the Island, it is diverse, interesting, and safe. Enjoy!!

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 06:53 AM
elinor

Go for Blue Horizons. They are sister hotel to Spice Isle Resort ($$$$$$), so you get free access to all the Spice beach amenities and non-motorised waterspsorts.<BR>The forums on grenadaexplorer.com will give you loads of suggestions on what to do, see and eat.<BR>BH really is a great spot, clean; lovely grounds; helpful, friendly staff, nice simple pool area with bar and easily access to shopping and eating, either on foot or by bus.

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 04:40 AM
kevin

Thanks for the replies.<BR>Anyone else have some input?