Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page > Great dest. for family - 20 m.o. toddler, direct flight frm NYC!

Great dest. for family - 20 m.o. toddler, direct flight frm NYC!

Feb 23rd, 2008, 04:16 AM
Original Poster

Great dest. for family - 20 m.o. toddler, direct flight frm NYC!

Tried to pack a lot into the title! We are looking to travel in the middle of May with a 20 month old. I would like the destination to be a direct flight from any NYC airport - kid friendly - don't know what costs are that time of year so dont have a budget just yet - AI would be great. Dont want to go to Beaches in T & C that is a definite. Any other suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!
Feb 23rd, 2008, 05:22 AM

is it beaches or t&c that you want to avoid? there are 3 beaches clubs on jamaica. jam does have nice golf courses. what else are you looking for on "your" island?
a couple others options include: crown paradise cancun, or iberostar palya paraiso south of cancun.
may is low season everywhere, but will also be good weather and no hurricanes.
Feb 23rd, 2008, 05:38 PM

Cayman Airways fly non-stop from JFK and Cayman is very family friendly.

Will leave it to other posters to chime in on an AI recommendation
Mar 28th, 2008, 08:43 AM

Oh gosh how funny I am looking for a non-stop caibbean all-inclusive vacation destination from NY with a 20 month old in May too!! How wierd is that, maybe we should go together LOL. Problem is I have yet to find the right place. We were first considering Jamaica but without staying in montego Bay and the options were limited I didnt know about how safe I would feel traveling over an hour to the hotel. The Riu resorts look very nice and are affordable I have heard great things about them and is why I am currently considering Riu Bahamas thinking maybe we could check out Atlantis a bit while there because Atlantis itself sounds a bit too "vegas" and overpriced for the relaxing vacation we are looking for. I dont know if this helps but good luck and I will keep updating you on my progress.

Search this Thread