GrandTurk-Arches still in business?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi can someone tell us if the Arches condos is still a going concern? Can't seem to locate a web page, posting, or recommendation that post-dates 2008...and I haven't found a domain by that name. We're looking for a 2/2 vaca villa or condo rental w/ AC in bedrooms for a week for late April or early May 2012--many thanks!
Old Nov 19th, 2011, 06:42 PM

I was there this past Jan, and while they said it was open for business, they really didn't appear to be. (half full pool, gate not assessable ).

I will be there in Dec, I will report back.

Have you considered Island House, really nice, personally I like it far more than Grand Arches.
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 02:23 PM
Original Poster

Hi blamona, looking fwd to that Dec. update. We are looking for a 2BR and Island House only has singles Meanwhile we're checking 1 or 2 listings of rental villas as well. No rush to book just yet Appreciate your tips, we used many of yours when we planned trip to Provo last year! This forum is great! (we also monitor tadvisor of course.) Thank you!
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 02:48 PM

Check out

http://www.grandturkvacationrental.com/

Crabtree apartments are actually quite awesome, I sat next the owner on a flight to Provo once.

They are on the beach with own little private stretch.

Yu can bike to Front Street, walk even (it's a little farther to walk but doable) to restaurants.

I tried to think of other 2 bedrooms and couldn't, but I highly recommend Crabtree for you.

Keep in mind, GT is a lot more rustic than Provo, just so you know what you're getting yourself into.
Old Nov 22nd, 2011, 05:41 AM

Hey there, also in Grand Turk check out Bohio. Stayed there years ago and it was nice and the service was great!
Old Nov 27th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Original Poster

Yes we looked at Crabtree and are considering... now thinking to spend 5 nites on GT and 2 nites on Salt Cay. We are totally in TCs for more amazing snorkeling but Provo was too touristy for us late last April, so we're planning early May this year hoping to lose the crowds (except cruise ships at GT but we'll dodge their hoards). Opinions/suggestions: should we stay first 5 nites on GT then move to Salt Cay for 2 nites then back to Provo for our return flight home? Or the reverse? Thank you!