Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Grand Old House v. Ritz for destination wedding?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7th, 2006, 06:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone,

We are trying to plan a destination wedding for approximately 40 people for early May 2007. Although we've never been, GC seems like a good choice - relatively easy access from the E. Coast, a variety of hotels, etc. We want everything to be as high-end and luxurious as possible and are considering either the Ritz or Grand Old House for the wedding and reception. Are there hotels that are easily accessible to GOH? What about other hotels near the Ritz - I don't feel like I can force my guests to pay that much per night after they've flown to another country! I have a background in event planning and marketing, so I'd like to avoid paying an event planner if at all possible, but it's tough when you have no idea of vendor quality! Any advice at all is quite welcome.

Many many thanks!
Old Jun 7th, 2006, 07:23 AM

I attended a wedding reception several years ago at GOH and it was fabulous. Food was outstanding, as was the service. Another possible choice is Pappagallos. A truely romantic setting - set on a lagoon, the building has two dining rooms, both with the palapa roof. And the food is fantastic. I was there about a month ago - it never disappoints.
Old Jun 7th, 2006, 09:47 AM

The Westin is within walking distance of the ritz.
Old Jun 7th, 2006, 10:11 AM

See my reply to the same post on the TripAdvisor forum (saves me cutting and pasting it
Old Jun 30th, 2006, 12:52 PM

My daughter was married in the Caymans in December. We had 35 guest. The wedding was held on Governor's Beach (Seven mile beach) next to the Westin. We had the reception at the Governor's Ballroom, located at the Westin. The room has a beautiful view of the beach and turquoise waters as does the hotel rooms if you book ocean front/ocean view rooms. The Westin is just down the beach from the Ritz Carlton (very close - walking distance).