Reload this Page >

Grand Lido OR Sandals, Negril

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 1999, 04:43 PM
Mike

Which of these resorts have you visited? Any comments regarding either? If you've been to both I'd love to hear a comparison!

Old Aug 8th, 1999, 04:46 AM
Rob

Mike, it's been 6 or 7 years since we have been to GL and 2 1/2 years since we were at SN but I would have to say that GL had a more international crowd that was more into R & R and dining,whereas SN had a younger "honeymoon" group. Not to say that all the people at SN are young. We're in our <BR>late 40's and enjoyed ourselves at SN . <BR>Service at either resort was very good. <BR>We're heading back to SN in November but <BR>would like to return to GL at some point in time. Now and then on the beach at SN , you get some entertainment when a few of the Hedonism "inmates" get loose and wander up the beach to "hassle" the newlyweds......either resort is a good choice.

Old Aug 9th, 1999, 04:11 PM
Mike

Rob: <BR> <BR>Thanks for the reply. I realize that GL is more "upscale" and has been awarded #1 resort by Conde' Naste. I also realize more "dress up" for dinner is required there. I don't mind that occasionally , so long as it isn't "stuffy"...afterall it is Negril. <BR> <BR>I'd appreciate any other opinions (limited to Negril please) out there.

Old Aug 10th, 1999, 01:17 PM
Linda

Mike <BR>I have been to grand Lido and sandals <BR>negril. Grand lido is a bit stuffy, there is a piano bar and some entertainment, most people are in bed by 10PM. Sandals is diffinately more lively.Negril is great it is my favorite place in the Caribbean. Try a trip to YS falls or horseback ridiing at Rhodes Hall.Good luck! <BR>

Old Aug 17th, 1999, 10:09 AM
shadow

Mike, <BR> <BR> You might want to consider Couples Negril. We just returned from a wonderful week there. It is located beside of GL and has a better beach than either GL or SN. We checked them both before we booked and looked them over while we were there. We are already looking into booking Couples Negril again for next year. They are currently offering a great deal if booked by 9/23 for travel next year. If you have any questions email me. <BR>

Old Oct 2nd, 1999, 02:33 PM
Jen

Mike: <BR>My husband and I were married last October @ the GL Negril. I did not find the atmosphere 'stuffy' at all. As for the dressing, at jacket is required at only one rest. on the resort. Everything was wonderful...only one complaint, the food wasn't anything to write home about. Good luck. <BR>

Old Oct 3rd, 1999, 12:21 PM
Rosie

I think I have to agree with the other post: give Couples Negril a try. GL is a bit more upscale, Sandals is like america in jamaica - by the second day I was ready for a bit more "Jamaica" with my vacation. Either places are wonderful with great food and more activities than you can do in a week, and the people are wonderful. Actually - you can't go wrong with any of them. Get the best deal - check with your travel agent and see who is running the best special - then see if you can upgrade once you get to Negril. Almost anyone who goes to Negril loves it whether they stay in a modest hotel or in an all-inclusive. GL allows singles and teenagers - keep that in mind if you are looking for a couples vacation. Sandals allows you to take the shuttle down to Beaches - their family resort and it is fabulous. Couples takes you to Rick's and shopping for free - whereas Sandals charges for off-resort excursions. They are all great - But I am going back to couples next year - it's got my vote for favorite!