Search

Grand Lido Negril

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29th, 2001, 07:14 PM
Kara

Grand Lido Negril

I am considering planning a vacation at the Grand Lido Negril. I would appreciate any feedback on this resort. Thanks!

Old Dec 29th, 2001, 07:26 PM
Angela

This place is really not that nice. The pictures and bars and all the extras may draw you in, but actually the beach area is somewhat dirty.

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 01:11 AM
greg

Just came back from Swept Away Negril...<BR>Just down the road from the Gran Lido, Swept Away is by far a better deal. The rooms were awesome, staff was very friendly and always accomodating. The beach was clean and the water amenities were plentiful; scuba, snorkel, water ski, sailing...<BR>Heads up though the cab (van) ride from Montego to Negril can vary from an hour 1/2 to 3 1/2, depending on the weather, driver, and construction. We opted for the return to MBJ by puddle jumper from Negril- the resort set it up 45-60 pp depending on which of the two airlines you get, 15-25 minutes enroute. <BR>I have photos if you want I'll send to you.

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 06:25 AM
doug

the grand lido is awesome!!! its great because your drinks and food are included and you can eat and drink whatever you want without having to worry about prices.

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 06:30 AM
Sue

i was just reading the last response and that is basically the only thing that is good about the Grand Negril. if you are going to just eat and drink and relax in your room then its fine. But the beach and pool areas are kind of disgusting and gross. And the jacuzzis don't even work most of the time.

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 02:08 PM
BarbaraK

The Grand Lido resorts are very nice properties and Conde-Nast Gold List places GLN #10 in the Caribbean. That being said, they are over priced. Their rating for food was just average. A current special rate of$550 per nite per couple should be compared with 210 per nite per couple at the Riu Tropical which is about 300 yards down the beach.At GLN you pay for many activities and services most do not use(free laundry,golf, tennis,diving). A nice place but a poor travel value.

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 02:08 PM
Penney

WE had a very positive experience there. Our room was very clean and spacious - actually very large with marble baths, everything very well maintained. We found the grounds to be absolutely beautiful and very well cared for. The beach was always combed each morning, chairs and beach/water equipment in excellent condition, superior service and very impressive display at the buffets. The pools, when we were there, were very clean and we were actually impressed on how nomatter where we went on the property, there was always someone tending to something. WE particularily enjoyed the yacht for the sunset cruise and the bar in the gardens - very romantic and relaxing resort.<BR><BR>It is rated (along with its sister resort, Grand Lido San Souci) amoung the better resorts in the Caribbean.

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 07:05 AM
Amy

Kara-<BR>I also had a fabulous experience at Grand Lido Negril. I got married there in Feb 2000.<BR>The rooms are very spacious, the smallest being a junior suite. I found the rooms to be more than adequate and exceptionally clean. The resort is in the process of renovations. It is 10 years old after all. <BR>I feel the beach is superior at GLN. It is always clean and kept up daily. Since the resort is in the Bloody Bay, it is protected and the water is calm.<BR>There are two pools, and they are both small. However, that didn't matter to me. I was only in the pool for water aerobics. I didn't travel for 12 hours to sit in a pool! I am from the midwest, so I don't get to the ocean very often.<BR>Look around for the best prices. I had 14 people travleing with me and we got a great deal for the group.<BR>Good luck deciding and have a great trip wherever you end up.<BR>Amy<BR>

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 07:38 AM
Joyce

Grand Lido Negril is a wonderful resort.<BR>The chef won the Gold Medal as best Chef in the Caribbean the last 2 years.<BR>I found the beach to be very clean, the yacht very romantic.<BR>Staff could have been friendlier.<BR>Rooms are very spacious and comfortable.<BR>If you do not want adults only, golf, tennis, scuba, free laundry and dry cleaning, manicure and pedicure, then you might try Riu Tropical.<BR>Swept Away and Couples Negril are also good choices depending on current prices.