Looking for a great all inclusive for teens

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2009, 04:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are traveling with 17yo son and 15 yo daughter and would like an all inclusive that would have alot to do for them to keep them busy. My husband and I only need a nice beach and good food. Any suggestions? Any price range. We were leaning towards Jamaica or Bahamas due to plane ride (we are from Pennsylvania) but are open to other suggestions. We are looking at going in June for a week. Any suggestions would be great.
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 05:11 AM

Gotta be Beaches, probably one of the Negril properties since Negril has great cred with the teens.
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 06:19 AM

Atlantis in the bahamas is wonderful. They do not advertise as "all inclusive" but when reserving, the do have an option for dining. a little more expensive but worth every penny. the resort is absolutley stunning and beautiful and A LOT of fun.
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 07:39 AM

tinkernut, I'm just not with you on Atlantis. I find it way overpriced and underwhelming. But I think the idea of a Beaches resort is a good one, though they do cater more to kids rather than teens. Still, there are a lot of good activities for all ages there. Negril is a great place (I prefer Beaches Negril over Beaches Sandy Bay), and I recommend it, but you should also look at Beaches Turks & Caicos.

Nassau is not really know for its AIs. I know there's a Riu on Paradise Island as well as a Breezes in Cable Beach. You could get the AI option at Atlantis, and it does have a stellar water park, but it's never struck me as a very good resort for the money. The other thing to consider is that you don't necessarily have to go AI. You can do just as well sometimes by staying at a regular resort. Teens are usually happy with whatever breakfast is provided and burgers for lunch. The main advantage to an AI is that it includes alcohol, and that's not really appropriate for your teens. If you broaden your search to include big, busy non-AI properties, you can actually find a lot more choices, especially in the Bahamas.
Old Apr 18th, 2009, 04:35 AM

Atlantis doesn't have an AI options.. it has a meal plan.. and it doesn't include lunch, soda, juice or even water. It also doesn't include any water sports, water toys etc.

It's very pricey, and not somewhere I would leave my teens with "signing priveleges".

Superclubs Breezes in the bahamas is lacking.. it's stuck in the 70's and the food is cafeteria unless you do the specialty restaurants. It's also focused on drinking. RIU is a 3 star property.. but not alot for the kids to do.

The Beaches properties are a better choice with teens. I've enjoyed the one at T&C in the past.
Old Apr 18th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Original Poster

Any recommendations that aren't AI but fun for kids?
Old Apr 19th, 2009, 03:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Friends of mine just came back from playa del carmen and stayed at the Iberostar Maya hotel.They have two kids 16 and 14 and they loved it. They said the food was good, there were other teens and there was a teen disco to go to. Also the people were very friendly and nice in the hotel. They are looking forward to going back again.

We did Atlantis which does have a meal plan. We enjoyed our stay and our kids liked the pools, but I think it is pricey for what it was. We would probably not go back without a great deal.

Our kids also liked Aruba (Marriott) and Grand Cayman (Marriott) and they were not all inclusive. The Marriott Aruba had more of a resort feel with more to do. The GC had great snorkeling, but the Marriott was small. You may like the Westin GC better.