Grand Cayman- Rental Cars

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 07:27 AM
Amy

Grand Cayman- Rental Cars

Has anyone ever rented from Andy's Rental Car? Its right across the street from Marriott, prices look good.....
Thank you!
Going in March, can't wait!!

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 10:44 AM
xxx

The one thing I've heard about them is if you get a price beforehand, bring that printout with, because I've heard stories where the person was quoted a higher price when they got to the counter, unless they had the proof of the previous quote.

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 02:54 PM
VVV

I'm also going to GC in March. I got a price from Avis: $150.00 per week for a compact.

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 04:07 PM
Sandy

Amy,
I've rented from Andy's on many trips, and never had a problem, and yes, their prices are very good. The only negative is their cars are somewhat older and not in very good condition. I've lately rented from Dollar car rental and got great prices and a better car. (It's across from the airport)

To VVV,
That's a really great price for a week, considering it's during high season.
Sandy

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 04:52 PM
Lisa

Hi, Amy.

We rented from Andy's a couple weeks ago, and the 4 x 4 we got was terrible. I hate to be so negative, but the thing would barely start and half the time it backfired. My husband said there was a definite transmission problem. We'd try to accelerate while driving, and it would almost kill. In addition, it was really dented up.

When I returned it to Andy's, I told the rental agent about it, and she said she knew it had a problem. She told me the next time we came, she would have a vehicle in better condition for us. She admitted the car had a problem, yet the car is still in the rental pool.

I would not do business with them again. They were friendly and all, but their vehicles are scary.

Sorry to have to report something negative about such a beautiful island.

Lisa

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:48 AM
Amy

Thank you all for your help. Price is not always everything. I think we may go with a "chain" just to be on the safe side.
Thank you again!
Everyone have a happy & safe new year!!

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 09:00 AM
xxx

While you're at it, stay away from Economy. They tried to charge me for old damage to a van once (even had rust already).

We also had a bad car experience with Marshall's-car wouldn't start and it took them more than a day to get it fixed.

We've always had great experiences with Avis.

Old Dec 24th, 2002, 03:33 PM
sue

I'd suggest Coconuts also. I've always rented from them - cars in good shape - good prices.