Reload this Page >

grand cayman or jamaica

Search

grand cayman or jamaica

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2001, 07:03 AM
anan

grand cayman or jamaica

We are planning a trip to the carribean and have narrowed our choices down to Cayman and Jamaica. It sounds like they are both beautiful. Is there any real diiference between the two since they are so close to each other? Any help would be appreciated.

Old Jan 28th, 2001, 11:56 AM
KNoel

Is there any real difference between the two? YES! I'm not sure how they're similar, except that they're in the Caribbean. Also, although I would choose Cayman over Jamaica any day, I wouldn't describe Cayman as particularly beautiful. It's very flat, but the water and beaches are absolutely beautiful! What are you looking for in a vacation? Maybe we could help you more if you give us a tad more info!

Old Jan 28th, 2001, 11:10 PM
Barry

Jamaica Is A Dump!

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 06:25 AM
johnye

I agree. I would choose the Caymans any day over Jamaica, if only for the feeling of safety.

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 10:00 AM
Tanya

I agree that Cayman is a safe Island but any place is as safe as you make it. I love Jamaica but you have to be careful where you stay and how you travel around. If you want to relax at a luxury resort you will have no problems. Most of them provide on site security and have all the amenities so you don't have to travel off site - even have great giftshops. However, if you are a person that travels not soley for relaxation and likes to sightsee, then then I would recommend someplace else. The Cayman's is expensive so be prepared to spend considerable money for dining, etc. Given a choice, I would prefer the Cayman Islands.

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 01:32 PM
Kim

I have to say again there is NO! and I say NO! reason to feel unsafe in Jamaica no matter how bad Barry's or Johnye makes Jamaica sound, it is a beautiful island and many of us return year after year. If you listen to Barry you better just stay home. Dont rely total on what people say on this or anyother travel sight or you will be missing out on some great Islands and great places. Happy Travels! email me if you like.