Grand Cayman or Aruba with 3 and 5 year old.

Apr 11th, 2002, 06:01 PM
chuck

Grand Cayman or Aruba with 3 and 5 year old.

Looking for an upscale hotel at both of these destinations. Help please.

Been to Beaches Negril and Boscobel in Jamaica, although we had a great time, didn't think we got our monies worth, so we are going to do hotel only this time.

Apr 11th, 2002, 07:02 PM
Bud

Chuck,

Been to both. With two small ones like that, I would recommend Aruba. Even without them I would recomend Aruba. If you are looking for some room, the Aruba Marriott Ocean Club has some very nice multi-bedroom suites. If that is too pricey, you can rent a villa for about half what you would pay for a upscale resort. But you get a private pool across from the beach and not have to deal with the crowds.

Apr 11th, 2002, 10:42 PM
Maria

Hi, Chuck:

We took our 3 year old to Grand Cayman and had a lovely time. The Westin is a beautiful property right on the beach - we were allowed to use their beach because the Marriott (where we stayed) does not have a beach. We did see the Hyatt, but most of it is not on the beach. There is LOTS to do on Cayman for toddlers/preschoolers - our guy especially loved just making sand castles (in the beautiful turquoie and CLEAN waters - no seaweed), floating in the water, the turtles at the turtle farm and getting in the water with the sting rays. I think Grand Cayman is pretty laid back, not lush like other islands, people are very friendly, but it is expensive. We would go back.

Maria

Apr 12th, 2002, 07:20 AM
lp

We have taken our girls to both islands. They are about the same ages. We stayed at the Hyatt in Aruba and at the Westin in Grand Cayman. Both are great choices. Here is my take on both: The Hyatt in Aruba is awesome for kids. Very friendly staff, awesome pool w/waterslide that kept my five year old busy most of the afternoon, beach was awesome (we never had a problem with wind)I actually liked this beach much better than Seven Mile, plenty of kid friendly restaurants, lots of watersports available on property and what a wonderful kids camp! My kids were mad we only let them go for one afternoon...they still talk about how much fun! Town in Aruba very safe to take kids. Went to shop and down for dinner several times. They also enjoyed the nighttime entertainment the outdoorbar had. Here is my take on GC...had a wonderful trip, Westin was beautiful, but for what we paid I felt it was ordinary to say the least. Beach was best part of the Seven Mile IMO, but still felt it was very rocky, hurt my feet to get in. Kids camp was a bust. A tiny room that my kids didn't even have an interest, staff was very friendly and there were a lot more kids I felt at this resort than at the Hyatt. There was no entertainment in the evening, so we had to find it elsewhere and Georgetown had very little for kids in your age range. Hard Rock Cafe and Atlantis submarine (which I would not take a three year on)No matter which island you choose you will have a blast, however, my vote goes to Aruba and you'll spend less money than GC. We love our family island vacations, hope you do to!

Apr 12th, 2002, 11:38 PM
Jack

Sorry, "ip," but to say that the beach in front of the Hyatt was nicer than 7-Mile Beach is just plain POPPYCOCK!!!