Grand Cayman or Antigua?

Jan 21st, 2012, 07:51 PM
Original Poster

Grand Cayman or Antigua?

We are booking a 16th birthday and we are really stuck between Grand Cayman Beach Suites and the Verandah Resort & Spa in Antigua. Any imput? Which is better? More adventurous? Better nightlife?
Jan 21st, 2012, 07:53 PM
Original Poster

And we have been to Beaches T&C 3 times. It has been our favorite island/vacation up to date.
Jan 22nd, 2012, 03:31 AM

If you are looking for a nice beach great diving or an off-shore tax haven Grand Cayman canot be beat.It is small flat as a pancake not much else of touristic value there.Not as
pretty as green hilly Provo or Antigua for me.I like more variety so Antigua for me a bit dodgier in some areas though. booking.com expedia good honest recent reviews might check there might help you decide. The good news is you really cannot go far wrong both are great in their own way.Marriott was good last in GC for me but thought St James Club in Antigua super special my fav.

Good luck!
Jan 22nd, 2012, 05:48 AM

I personally didn't think with of those islands were anything special - Grand Cayman was to "flat, scrubby & featureless" for me. You might find Antigua, because of its topography, to be a bit more adventuresome but there are so many other better islands I won't be going back anytime soon.
Jan 22nd, 2012, 06:31 AM

Grand Cayman!!!!!
Jan 23rd, 2012, 06:35 AM

It Depends! Whats your pleasure if it be Scuba then Cayman is okay. If as you say this is a 16 year olds birthday then Antigua would be the better choice. There are zip lines through the rain forest. Sailing is king in Antigua. Lots of water sports wind and kite surfing, and much nicer beaches. Cayman is a tourst attraction and very modernized. Antigua has High speed internet so you can keep up and post your vactaion as you go.
Cayman is very flat and not nearly as pretty. Antigua has a nice 8 plex cinema if you need that at night. Yes full cable TV in the rooms. But many people come for the atmosphere and nice beaches. Price wise Antigua might be a touch more expensive because it is more remote but clearly less of a Disney land than the Caymans. I would think and adventerous 16 year old non diver might be bored with the Caymans, and have a better time with water sports in Antigua and possibly the Jeep tours. If you want to splurge take the helicopter tour and see the volcano. Don't forget to tour Lord Nelson's dockyard it's filled with ghosts.
Jan 23rd, 2012, 11:43 AM
Original Poster

Oh wow thank you so much! I knew there was a lot to do in Antigua but I never knew there was that much! You just helped a lot with our decision making!