Grand Cayman Help with Condo Choice and Location

Feb 15th, 2011, 04:18 AM
Original Poster

Grand Cayman Help with Condo Choice and Location

Hi
We will be in Grand Cayman the first week of April and are finalizing where to stay. We will be with our young children agest 1 & 3. What part of 7mile beach is the best location? We would like the option to walk to a few places from our condo (restaurants, stores etc) but also are planning to rent a car for the week. We would like a pool. Other than that we are pretty flexible. We have been looking at the Anchorage and Grandview. Does anyone have any feedback on either property? or recomend another? We would like to keep it under 3,500K for the week on the acomodations portion.
thanks!
Feb 17th, 2011, 05:41 AM

The Grandview is at the south of SMB. Its beach is basically all iron shore( hard rock) The south of SMB is very busy compared to the north where the Anchorage is. I find the north area to be quieter and much more pleasant.The beaches are usually better than the Grandview. However, you do need a car if are staying north SMB. I don't believe you will be able to do much walking, even around the Grandview,with children so young. Crossing the main rode (West Bay Rd), can be dangerous because it has a lot of traffic which moves too fast.
My favorite condo is Discovery Point. Other condos in north SMB to consider are Aqua Bay and Heritage Club.
Feb 17th, 2011, 12:36 PM

I personally think the best place to stay is Regal Beach Club. It is centrally located, can walk to most everywhere with small kids. Regal Beach has a childrens pool, larger pool and a great beach. A short walk away is Camana
Bay with lots of things to look at and eat or go to movies if you want. There are usually other children there also. A nice, friendly complex We stayed in 122 and they even had toys for kids to play with in the condo

Search this Thread