Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Grand Cayman - best condo/villa for teens?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2010, 03:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi-
We're thinking of heading to Grand Cayman with our kids (16 and 20) this July, and were wondering about the condo's we've seen mentioned. I like the idea of having a kitchen, etc., but I know in the past when we've stayed in condos, that there didn't seem to be other teens around - in case they wanted to get away from mom and dad for a bit. Are there any on Grand Cayman that might be a fun place for them, as well as us? I know they loved it when we went on a Caribbean cruise a few years ago, since they could get away and hang out with new friends when they wanted......
Any recommendations? Or, if there's another island or area that is better for this, let me know. I know they would love water sports as well.

Thanks!
Old Jan 29th, 2010, 12:52 PM

Central Seven Mile Beach is where you want to be. Depending on your budget, I would recommend either Villas of the Galleon or Coralstone Club. They are both very near to the Westin and Ritz where activiries abound yet their beaches are comparatively deserted. Central 7MB is the best stretch of actual beach and it is withing walking distnace to many things yet not as crowded as closer to Georgetown.
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 10:52 AM

I stayed at Villas Of the Galleon for a week in the beginning of august, it was wonderful! We stayed in a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom unit. The Villas of the Galleon are inbetween the Ritz & the Westin Causarina. I would suggest that you visit vrbo.com (Vacation Rentals By Owner) and HomeAway.com for a better deal. It will be less expensive, and their are many units from different condos to choose from. You will save from not booking directly from the main site. Our unit was ocean view, and was very close to the beach. If we had stayed at either the ritz or the westin, we would have gotten an ocean view room, which could end up being a long walk from the beach. Make sure you find a condo that is on the ground floor beacuse it is a pain in the neck climbing up the flights of stairs everytime you have to go to the bathroom.
Old Mar 10th, 2010, 10:15 AM

St. Martin is a teen friendly island. They have zip lining, numerous resorts, and teen clubs. A great destination to take you teens. And one night, why not leave the teens at the Villa and head to Anguilla which is only a 20 min ferry ride!
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 09:46 AM

My fav is Plantana...we're leaving for cayman this Thursday. Great condos, great stretch of beach and close to the westin to rent jet skis and the public beach. Condos are great because it's so laid back for breakfast and lunch and then go out to dinner at night!
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 02:28 PM

We loved the Aqua Bay club- we thought we had a 1 bdr but all the suites are 2 and no extra charge. Their private beach is quiet and it was a 1/4 mi walk on the beach from Cemetery Reef, BEST snorkeling right off the beach. CLose to lots of decent take out food, and near to the grocery store for breakfast/lunch staples if you are traveling w/teens.