Reload this Page >

Grand Cayman beaches look WAY too crowded...opinions please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 07:20 AM
Lisa

Grand Cayman beaches look WAY too crowded...opinions please.<BR><BR>We have been to Aruba several times, but the chairs were not on top of one another.<BR><BR>I viewed some pictures of Grand Cayman, and they were sandwiches in there.<BR><BR>Is that what it is like? If so, I am definitely NOT crazy about that.<BR><BR>Please let me know, otherwise we'll go back to ARUBA again

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 09:01 AM
cayman420

The beaches are not crowded except at a few of the hotels. On cruise ship days a few of the hotels will "host" the day trippers. The northern end of 7 mile beach is great. What are you looking at that you seem to think the beach is crowded? Of course the beach will have more people during high peak holidays.<BR>Try something new, I think you will love Grand Cayman.<BR>You can always rent a jeep and explore beaches off the beaten path.

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 09:18 AM
Cheryl

We were in Grand Cayman May 2001 and spent most of our time on the beach just north of the Westin ... we literally had it to ourselves most of the time. When walking along the beach I noticed that the beaches in front of condos along 7MB(and this is mainly what is on 7MB), especially the northern end, were not at all crowded and sometimes somewhat empty. The beach in front of the Hyatt was packed ... the beach chairs were lined up elbow to elbow facing the ocean, and it looked like guests were not allowed to rearrange them. The beach in front of the Westin had a fair amount of people, but did not seem crowded (more room to spread around with the chairs) ... And it looked like guests could place the chairs how they wanted as long as stayed on Westin's beach.<BR><BR>I agree with the above poster that when the cruise ships are in, things can get a bit crowded in town and probably on whatever beach they are taken to (more likely at the southern end of 7MB).<BR><BR>I think that the norther end of Seven Mile Beach is the nicest, however keep in mind you would probably want a car as most restaurants would no longer be in walking distance (but just a few minutes away by car or cab).

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 12:07 PM
xx

Agree with the previous posters. Cayman is great and not at all crowded the further you get away from Georgetown. We were just there in May and had plenty of wide open empty spaces when we walked north on the beach. Some of the condos didn't have one person out on their beach!

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 03:02 AM
Lisa

Thank you so much!