Barbados Cruise to Airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1st, 2017, 02:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our cruise ship docks in Barbados at 5 am according to itinerary.
We were originally supposed to be on AA flight to Miami at 8:45 which seemed tight.
Now AA changed it to 8:00 that makes it even tighter.
Does anyone know how long does it take to get off the ship once it docks in Barbados and to make it the airport?
Can we make 8:00 am flight or is it too tight?
Old Nov 2nd, 2017, 04:52 AM

It usually takes anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour after a cruise ship dock before Immigration/Customs officials clear the ship so passengers can disembark. How long this will take the day your ship arrives is anyone's guess but for planning purposes figure the earliest you can disembark will be 6AM (and feel lucky if you can depart earlier).

It will take you another 30 minute to drive from the cruise ship dock to the airport so for all practical purposes the earliest you'll be arriving at the airport around 6:30PM. That gives you only 90 minutes to check in for your flight, clear Passport Control, the security checkpoint and get to your gate. Remember too, you plane will begin the boarding process about 30 minutes prior to scheduled take-off.

If you are comfortable with those time estimates you are good to go. If it were me and I was only doing carry-on and were able to check-in and get my boarding passes online I'd be OK with that time frame. I'd opt for a later flight if I had bags to check.
Old Nov 2nd, 2017, 05:42 AM

Very accurate RoamsAround.

I agree.