Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page > Grand Cayman: Beach Erosion at Grandview Condos?...

Grand Cayman: Beach Erosion at Grandview Condos?...

May 14th, 2004, 08:38 AM
Original Poster

Grand Cayman: Beach Erosion at Grandview Condos?...

Hello,

My husband and I, and two other couples, are planning a trip to the Caymans for one week in July. We were planning on staying at the Grandview condos.

However, our friend said he heard there is beach erosion at the Grandview condos and others nearby. We read there has been beach erosion at the Marriott hotel, but not sure about the condos...

Can anyone tell me if this is correct re: the Grandview and provide futher insight?

Also, if there is beach erosion at the Grandview, are there other nice condos you travelers would recommend for Grand Cayman?

Thank you SO much in advance for your help!!
May 15th, 2004, 05:11 PM
anonxx

I am not sure about the Grandview erosion, but check www.caymanvacations.com for accurate descriptions of each condo in Grand Cayman. If you email them a question you will get a great honest answer. Since they live in Grand Cayman, it's not like you are talking to a US or Canadian travel agent. When we were in Grand Cayman in January, most beaches were fine and beautiful as always.

May 16th, 2004, 05:52 AM

There have been many positive posts about Plantana. Haven't stayed there, but did see it and it appears to be very nice. Your best bet for a nice beach is in the Plantana area. Did hear that garden views tend to be noisy due to location and ocean view or oceanfront is best. Saw summer special "stay for 7, pay for 5".
We are staying at Aqua Bay next month, which is north of Plantana. AB is also nice, but in a quiet area and a car would be needed. It has only 21 units so is, so is pretty private. Some may feel that it is cramped due to it's size, but I like smaller residences because they are more convenient and not so many people. Their beach is more geared to snorkelers, but have been told by recent guests that there is no problem entering sandy area. Summer special is "stay for 5, pay for 4".
I looked into Grandview before because they look very nice, but did not like the location-too close to Georgetown.

Search this Thread