Search

PR hotels/attractions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 05:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PR hotels/attractions

I've convinced my untraveled boyfriend that a vacation is in order! I've decided on PR because its relatively close to DC (where we live) and it has all of what we're looking for: nice weather, nice beach, nice pool, nice golf, relaxation, etc.

I previously stayed at Hyatt Cerromar and loved it-but we all know that has since closed. I'm debating on whether to stay at the Westin Rio Mar or the Paradisius PR hotels with the all-inclusive options... or a nice hotel in San Juan?

We really want to get away in April/May to soak up some sun, get some much needed R&R, and play some golf. We like to eat, but we don't need to be impressed with elaborate meals and extensive wine lists. We're both 25, but nightlife is not high on our list... we'd much prefer a lounge or a romantic evening than a loud club or something.

My boyfriend hasn't really been anywhere and I want to show him how great/fun/relaxing vacationing can be...

As I said, we're 25 and while we are successful- we're still in the beginning stages of our careers. I'm thinking around $2,000 per person for about 6-7 days...

Any suggestions??
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 07:05 AM

What would you say to splitting your time between a beachy destination like Vieques and then spending a few nights in San Juan to get more of the full scope of what PR has to offer?

Vieques is perfect for quiet, romantic solitude, beautiful beaches (nicer than on the mainland of PR), good but very casual restaurants, snorkeling, and seeing the phenomenal bioluminescent bay.

San Juan, maybe even Old San Juan, would be a nice complement to Vieques. You'd have access to golf courses, shopping, great old world architecture, museums, art galleries, the amazing forts, and nightlife (great or small, depending on your taste).

On Vieques, take a look at the Martineau Bay Resort if you want something large-scale. Or check out Inn on the Blue Horizon or Hacienda Tamarindo for a small inn feel.

Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 08:06 AM
Original Poster

Great ideas! I will look into that. Thank you!
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 01:27 AM

I like the Canario by the Lagoon in San Juan, see www.canariohotels.com for tour attractions, you can find out what tour companies have avaialble by going to www.puertoricoplanner.com click on sightseeing and then on expert
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 02:18 AM

I think Martineau Bay is scheduled to close in November for renovations, and hoping to reopen late summer 2007.