My wife and I are booked to go to SVG via Barbados in early July for our 1st kidless trip in 15 yrs. I've read w/interest the many posts, yet still have a few questions - having never been there.
We have approx 10 days. I haven't yet booked local flights yet so I'm wondering if it makes sense to start in St Vincent (2 nights during Vincey Mas) then move down to Bequia and use that as our base to explore the smaller islands.
As well, I am having trouble visualizing Bequia. I had initially thought that we would stay at the Franji, but I'm scared off by the mosquito talk. If we stay elsewhere, is it too far to walk to the main commercial centre for meals and so forth?
Similar question for St Vincent - i want to go, and like being close to the city, but don't want to be kept awake at night by the carnival festivities. Any suggestions? I noticed that Liat has a late flight in (1/2 the price of SVGAir but will I have trouble making it to my hotel at that time of night?
Finally, the Friendship Rose sounds like a must-do, but what's the likelihood of finding a reasonable 2-3 night charter around the islands if we haven't booked in advance.
Thanks IA for any input
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 AVAST @ renewal Installation CONTACT ☎18006817208 Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Need help picking destination for April/May 2018
- 3 Over rated Ritz Carlton
- 4 Immigration experience entering USA from Cuba non us citizen
- 5 bareboat sailing tips in bvi
- 6 Hilton Aruba
- 7 Jamaica Inn in late April
- 8 Jamaica or Dominican Republic?
- 9 Shuttle From Airport (Hewanora) to Bay Gardens Beach Resort In St. Lucia
- 10 Which Island to visit
- 11 Cuba solo mid December-need your help please
- 12 Romantic Barbados vacation
- 13 First week in April : NYC to beach, all inclusive
- 14 Want to buy cigars in Havana
- 15 Anyone go to Grace Bay TCI over Thanksgiving?
- 16 Taking Items to Cuba
- 17 Moving... Crohn's disease?
- 18 Bermuda Restaurants
- 19 Nevis Nice - Trip Report
- 20 Barbados: Turtle Beach vs. Bougainvillea
- 21 Christmas vacation
- 22 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 23 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 24 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 25 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not