Search

Beaches Turks & Caicos

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 12:21 PM
Dolores

Beaches Turks & Caicos

We have vacationed at Beaches Turks & Caicos a number of times over the last five years and were planning to return this summer. Friends who were there in February were not happy at all with the resort. Anyone who has been there recently (within the last few months) please let me know the condition of the place and if you liked it. Thanks

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 01:00 PM
Antoinette

Depends on what you like. We were there at the end of June 2001 and were very disappointed with the place. Found the food to be average at best, accomodations worn, but clean and staff surly and unhelpful. Bottled water was part of the AI package when we were there but I have seen postings since then that bottled water is free only to people staying in a suite. I definately would not return to Beaches. I don't mind paying top dollar for a vacation but one certainly does not get one's money's worth.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 08:50 AM
Alan

Antoinette hit the nail on the head Dolores. Beaches T&C is a 3 star hotel that chargres 5 star prices during high season (Jan-April). The high price leads to high expectations and the resort can't meet them. Kids have fun there because tthere's a lot for them to do and for most kids a greasy hamburger and french fries is fine dining. If you go in the summer, I suspect you will not be paying through the nose, but for those of you reading this who have not been there, think Holiday Inn serving school cafeteria food on a really beautiful beach.

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 03:39 AM
lori

we just returned from Point Grace--there was a family that had just moved from beaches, after a day. They couldn't wait to leave. The food and accomodations and hubbub was just too much. I walked past a few times. I felt so happy that i wasn't staying there...

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 09:24 PM
dtour

Walked down the beach to Point Grace from Beaches.Difference is night and day.Very quiet and laid back.Not a place for red blooded kids.More like a honeymoon place.Looks like a classy joint