Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Rawlins vs Ottley's Plantation and also Hurricane Cove on Nevis

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 05:21 PM
help

WE are going to these two places. What is the weather in June there-- early june? Is Hurricane Cove nice for a honeymoon? And which place in St. Kitts?

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 07:12 PM
Virginia

We have just returned from a wonderful week at Ottleys. A beautiful room, helpful, friendly staff, stunning gardens and views. Easy to see why it is one of Fodor's alltime favorites. We did venture to Rawlin's for their famous West Indian Buffet lunch, which was excellent and toured the grounds. It has a beautiful setting also. It is smaller than Ottleys and on the other side of the island. We rented a car which was harrowing at first, but did eventually enjoy having the freedom to explore the island of St. Kitts.
We went to the 4 Seasons on Nevis(another Fodor's Choice) some years ago, but can't tell you about Hurricane Cove. We hear weather is not too much hotter in June than the early spring, on both islands.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 09:03 AM
Island Girl

I can vouch for Ottley's -- absolutely first rate. Had a fabulous time there. It's less isolated and more manicured than Rawlins.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 09:26 AM
Statia

Help:

Do a search for Hurricane Cove....I saw a thread on here about it a few days ago. I heard it's nice and that the Sea Biscuit cottage is the best.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 12:40 PM
statia

Help:

I forgot to answer your weather question. I live very near St. Kitts and we usually have 80's and 90's for June. Sometimes a few showers, if we're lucky, but mostly sunny skies all day.

My husband always says that the weather down here is either nice or REALLY nice. So, pack accordingly.

Have fun!

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 10:44 PM
help

thanks for the info. so rawlins is isolated and ottley's is nearer to the beach? they both sound great.