Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Going to St John...Staying @ Great Expectations villa....any tips/advice???

Old Aug 16th, 2001, 04:29 PM
Brandon

Will heading out to St. JOhn in sept(please no hurracaines) wanted to know if anyone had any advice...I will be renting a jeep @ the airport and will take it over to St John.

Old Aug 16th, 2001, 07:35 PM
Donna

Was there in March....loved it! Really enjoyed the beaches and snorkeling. Have fun!!

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 04:40 PM
cj

I'm not sure how practical it is to rent a Jeep on STT and pay to bring it over on the ferry. I think it would be cheaper to ferry to STJ and rent there.

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 01:23 PM
miler

Agreed. Rent the Jeep on St John. Many times the villas can offer discounts as well. Want do you want advice on? Email me directly if you want. miler

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 04:37 PM
anonymous

Two items of info to consider: It is better to rent on St. John because if something goes wrong with the jeep you will receive immediate attention if the jeep is locally leased. If it is from STT, you will have to get it fixed yourself. If you must rent on STT, it is cheaper to rent from Dependable, Budget, etc. than from the airport folks. There is an additional 10% tax added to cars rented from the airport.