going to sandals royal bahamian in july 2006

Feb 15th, 2006, 05:57 AM
Original Poster

going to sandals royal bahamian in july 2006

has anyone stayed recently in the manor ocean front rooms. any mold? website looks very formal, do people really dress as formal? is there algae in the water? is there a balcony off of the room or is it just a small standing area? ideas on jewlery - places to shop at, best deals on real stuff? do they still transport you from the airport if you are not staying in a ROLES ROYCE room? has anyone occured extra fees for things or deposits say on scuba gear that are not listed on the website? in general just really excited but nervous about going!
Feb 15th, 2006, 10:40 AM
KVR

We stayed at Sandals Royal Bahamian in Sept. 03. It was our first Sandals experience and we loved it. We had an Honeymoon Ocean View Concierge Room in the Manor Block with a corner balcony that overlooked the Manor pool and the beach area. The room was fine. Many people complain about the rooms in the Manor building being old, but we didn't think so. Some of the room just have a sliding glass door with a ledge. Not a true balcony. They tried to "upgrade" us to a Manor Luxury Oceanfront Concierge Room, which only had a sliding glass window (no balcony) with a view of Sandals Cay. We did not think that was an upgrade and requested the room we actually paid for and they moved us with no problem. We never used the concierge service or the in-room bar, so thought that was a waste of money.

Make reservations for resturants as soon as you check-in. The dress is not "formal", but dressy casual. I wore pant suits and DH needed long pants and closed toe shoes. Many wore nice dresses (I don't wear dresses).

Take the bus out front to downtown Nassau for shopping. It's not like St. Thomas, but it's OK. The shop keepers are not pushy and no real bargaining unless you go to the craft market. Didn't see many jewerly stores, but I wasn't looking for any. You can also take a cab to Atlantis. We went to see the Aquarium and Digs, and thought the hotel was a montrosity.

We have since been to Sandals Grande St. Lucia this past Nov. and visited the Regency. We thought as a resort, the Royal Bahamian was nicer, but the Island of St. Lucia much better than Nassau.

Here's our pics:

http://community.webshots.com/user/kvrlvn
Feb 15th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Original Poster

thanks so much the pics are great we are not in the honeymoon suits of the manor but from what i know according to the books is that the manor luxury oceanfront concierge room has at least a ledge. i understand from the other feedbacks that there is a lot of room switching b/c they say that they are upgrading but it truley is not an ug
thanks again

Search this Thread