Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Going to Cap Juluca for a few days this month. Any suggestions?. (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/going-to-cap-juluca-for-a-few-days-this-month-any-suggestions-95574/)

Jackie Dec 4th, 2000 10:03 AM

Going to Cap Juluca for a few days this month. Any suggestions?.

We are going to Cap Juluca for three days this month. Two questions: (1) I'd be interested in hearing if anyone been there since the reopening who could comment upon the state of the resort in light of the hurricane damage and the recent repairs, and (2) Where should we eat, other than at the resort? Is there anything we should make sure we do? <BR> <BR>I'd be very grateful for any tips anyone has. Thanks so much!

Penny Dec 4th, 2000 10:23 AM

Hi Jackie we are frequent guests at Cap Juluca and had a wonderful time a few weeks ago. If this is your first time on Anguilla there are many choices-Of course Pimms at Cap Juluca-great for lunch and dinner, Mangos, Blanchards, Malliouhana, Silly Cay , Koal Keel, Olivers, Straw Hat, Trattoria Tramondo,Cuiusinart. The island has excellent restaurants, so do go outside the hotel and explore. Oh, try and do the sunset cruise, its on Friday night. You will wish you had more than 3 days. <BR>

Jackie Dec 4th, 2000 10:39 AM

Thanks Penny. Did you find the resort to be in good repair? My alarmist colleague just told me a horror story about the beach having washed completely away from under half of Cap Juluca's beachfront bungalows.

Duck Dec 4th, 2000 12:30 PM

Haven't been recently, but was there two years ago. Nicest place EVER. I hope they fixed it up exactly the same way it was.

penny Dec 4th, 2000 12:40 PM

Jackie-The hotel was closed for repairs and improvements and just recently opened with a soft opening October 28,as some repair work was going on. The beach looks wonderful,and let me assure you it is as pretty as ever. All the villas have been repaired and should all be open at this time. When are you going? . Only Pimms was open as Georges was upgrading its kitchen., but it will open soon. We had a great time.

Jackie Dec 4th, 2000 12:59 PM

Thanks for the info., Penny. We're going in two weeks, but only for two and two half days. I wish we had more time, but I'll take what I can get. I'm pretty excited about it.

penny Dec 4th, 2000 04:42 PM

Jackie You should be excited, wait till you see that beach and the beautiful villas. As the taxi takes you into the hotel drive, and you get your first peak of the hotel, it is very special. The view from Pimms at night viewing the beach and lighted up villas is magical. We have been to this spot 8 times and I never get tired of it. Enjoy! I want to go back and we just left!

Nancy Dec 4th, 2000 05:19 PM

Jackie~ Get ready for the vacation of your life. There is nowhere like Cap Juluca! Penny has filled you in on the particulars of the resort since the hurricane. Generally the lower numbered villas (the ones between Pimms and Georges) are the ones with the widest expanse of beach after a storm. <BR>All the restuarants named are terrific, but our personal favorite is Blanchards. I wish you were staying longer than a few days! Enjoy yourselves, and post your trip report when you get back!

Jackie Dec 5th, 2000 07:30 AM

Thanks so much. I'll definitely post a trip report when we get back.