Going to Atlantis w/kids, lots of questions.

Old May 28th, 2001, 12:22 PM
Suzette

Going to Atlantis w/kids, lots of questions.

We are going to atlantis w/kids in Nov. this is the first carribean vacation for all, any advice would be nice. Is there an additional fee for the water slides? How difficult is it to reserve a suite?

Old May 28th, 2001, 03:13 PM
mango

No fee for water slides if you are staying at Atlantis, but there are fees for some other water activities that don't involve the pool (such as boats, jet skis, etc.)

In terms of suites, I think they do get booked up so if you want one, I would suggest looking into it ASAP.

FYI - we are going in July with kids and I wanted an extra room. Instead of a suite, we chose the Harborside Resort which is basically the time share facility at Atlantis. It is next to the marina, has all the same benefits of the hotels, and you get a bedroom, living room, kitchen, and more. I'll post here how it works out when we return.

Old May 28th, 2001, 05:46 PM
Gail

You could try the Comfort Suites which is right across the street from Atlantis and gives you full privileges at all Atlantis facilities.

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 02:10 PM
Suzette

Thank you both for your suggestions. We have made the reservation for November. Suites seem to be booked a year in advance, and the harborside was already filled for the time period. This is our first island vacation and we are very excited.

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 07:57 PM
Ron

First of all, take plenty of money.
Secondly. the Bahamas are not in the Caribbean,but in the Atlantic .