Reload this Page >

Getting to the Renaissance Grand Beach

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 12:20 PM
Julie

Does the Renaissance provide transportation from the airport to the resort? Or do you just take a taxi?<BR>

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 01:19 PM
Karen

Not aware of any transportation provided by your hotel unless you have it included in a package of some type. After claiming your luggage, the dispatcher will assign you to one of the multidestination vans (taxis) for the ride.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 07:16 PM
D&K

Karen is correct on the transport. Unless you plan to tour the island extensively, use taxis. Just got back from there a couple weeks ago. Get a Bushwacker. Eat at Toad & Tart, also Virgilio's in Ch Am and Raffles in Red Hook. If you do jetskis, use the ones from RenGrand. They are more expensive, but you go much further out (do a 1 person not 2). Definitely use the spa services (not on the beach though).

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 06:14 AM
Julie

Karen & D&K:<BR>Thanks for the info.<BR>D&K: Anything else you can tell me about the Renaissance (good or bad)or any other St. Thomas recommendations? Do either of you know anything about the ferries to the BVIs? Do you need to book before you go? I know the ferry to Virgin Gorda only runs twice a week and we will only be there for one of those days. <BR>My husband and I love St. John but we are using Marriott Rewards points at the Renaissance and will be staying on St. Thomas for the first time so any info would be greatly appreciated.<BR>

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 02:41 PM
D&K

look down the email list, there is a thread I started about eating on St Thomas. After visiting, most of what I heard was true. <BR>Virgin Gorda - don't know availability, but if you get a group of people from the hotel to go, for about 1000 you all can take a day trip there on a personal boat with a bar and refreshments included. Very relaxing!!<BR>I don't think you would have to book a ferry to VG, but check on info at some of the caribb info sites.<BR>Or you could be really daring and rent a motor boat for 250 a half day and explore yourself around St John or StT.