Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Galley Bay vs. Pineapple Beach (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/galley-bay-vs-pineapple-beach-72358/)

Bridget May 17th, 2000 03:22 AM

Galley Bay vs. Pineapple Beach

Hello, <BR>My finance and I have been looking at the Galley Bay and Pineapple Beach properties on Antigua. Can anyone offer any opinions on either of these places? Which one is a better price for the money? Why? Which beach is better? How do the activities offered by the resorts compare? How are the rooms and locations of the resorts? I have found some information on Pineapple Beach, and not as much on Galley Bay. We have never been to the Caribbean, and we are looking to go in early December, for our honeymoon. Thank you for helping us! <BR>Bridget =)

Bridget May 18th, 2000 03:10 AM

Can anyone please help us? Thank you, Bridget =)

Nancy May 18th, 2000 04:25 AM

Bridget <BR>I cannot compare the two hotels never having stayed at Galley but we stayed at Pineapple back in Nov for our anniv.and it was real nice...the food was great,try the pineapple grill its got local dishes and make sure to go up the hill to Ms Mary she has the coldest beer and some good eats for lunch too...the staff very nice and helpful the only minor complaint i had was our room was on the small side but clean and nice view..the beach was nice very quiet there..you could rent a car right from the hotel,there was also a shuttle into town if you chose to do that,they had volleyball games,watersports and don't miss Shirley Heights on Sun....Loved Antigua <BR>can't wait to return there.....

jan May 19th, 2000 09:59 AM

Bridget, <BR> <BR>We were in Antiqua last year. We didn't stay at either place, however,we visited both properties. I believe there is a big difference in price betweeen the two. Galley Bay is small, exclusive and expensive. Beautiful. <BR> <BR>Pineapple is a family oriented place, very nice, but not the same catgegory as Galley Bay. <BR> <BR>If $$ is no object, pick Galley Bay.

Kathy May 20th, 2000 08:43 AM

Hi Bridget <BR>My husband & I stayed at Galley Bay in Feb.98. It is a beautiful spot and would be perfect for a honeymoon. We stayed in the deluxe beachfront rooms, which are directly on the lovely beach. We even had a rope hammock right outside our room as well as comfortable chairs. The rooms are large and airy with kingsize beds and huge bathrooms with double showers. <BR> The property is lovely with flowers everywhere. There are no children so it is peaceful and quiet. The pool has a waterfall. There are plenty of "water toys" and someone to instuct you if you need help. Everyone at GB is very friendly and helpful. <BR> The food is wonderful. There are now 2 restaurants(there was one when we were there) and they are open air and right on the beach. <BR> The one complaint I had was the water being a bit rough. My husband didn't mind as he is a good swimmer, but I didn't swim much. They have snorkeling trips you can go on that pick you up right there. Don't miss a trip to English Harbour. They have 1/2 and full day tours that are very good. <BR> If you have more questions feel free to email me. Kathy