Notices

Future of travel and tourism.

May 18th, 2011, 07:09 AM
Original Poster

Future of travel and tourism.

Hello,
I want to know how the recession will affect the travel and tourism in the future.
Can anyone help me in this regard??

Thanks
Will Ferrell
May 18th, 2011, 10:03 AM

It's already affected it. There are two major hotels on Anguilla that are going to close. It makes me sick.
May 18th, 2011, 02:57 PM

Well, all I know is that almost every flight I've been on lately has been filled to capacity and also in February I tried to book three different resorts in Jamaica for a March trip and all three were completely booked. I realize that the airlines have cut way back on their flights but people are traveling and not just business travelers. I think if a resort offers a good travel experience, including a decent price, hopefully they will be able to weather the storm.

I don't know which hotels on Anguilla that Anguillagirl is talking about that are closing but that island has always been a bit pricey. Still, I'm sorry to hear it. We've been to Anguilla several times and have always enjoyed it.
May 18th, 2011, 03:20 PM

Simple facts - Unemployment is high, not only in the US but in many countries worldwide, the general economy is sluggish and there is still much uncertainty in the financial world. Until this situation improves people in general will cut back and/or curtail their discretionary spending. What that translates to is some reduction in leisure travel.

And yes, sharona, the reason flights seem full is the airlines have trimmed their schedules so more people are packed into fewer flights.

When the world economy improves leisure travel will increase. When will that happen is hard to predict.

Search this Thread