frenchman's reef

Jun 17th, 2002, 09:22 AM
Kay

frenchman's reef

Has anybody stayed here recently? What's the access like down to the beach - we're going in a family party and staying at the reef rather than morning star and some have walking difficulties. Also does anyone know what the 'children's programs' are?

Jun 19th, 2002, 05:34 AM
d

I just got back from Morningstar, but have stayed at FR twice in the past...

It is a serious hike down to the beach from FR. There is an elevator for some of it, but you definately need to be able to manage many, many stairs and then walk across a boardwalk.

Alternately, there is a shuttle that goes from the lobby of FR to the lobby of Morningstar and from there it is a very easy walk to the beach.

I do not recall seeing any kids programs...there are some daily activities (iguana feedings, garden tours, etc.) that might keep kids entertained, but I don't think they have any "drop 'em off" programs the way Westin does...

Jun 19th, 2002, 07:04 AM
Bud

Dear D, How was the Morningstar? Stayed there 8 years ago and was pleased. Considering a return visit. Has St. Thomas changed much? How was the food?

Jun 19th, 2002, 02:28 PM
d

I thought MS was wonderful...rooms are good (not excellent -- housekeeping needs improvemenet)...I had ocean front and was lulled to sleep each night by the sound of the waves (30 feet away)...the hotel is very calm and has a nicer feel (to me) than FR (where I have stayed in the past).

STT felt much the same although my last visit was 2 years ago. Food was good...service was slow, but ALL of the people I met were wonderful - especially the folks at the hotel!

Search this Thread