Reload this Page >

Bermuda-Southhampton or Elbow?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 06:34 PM
Christine

Looking forluxury accomodations, great service, restaurants, spa, and beach. Which is better: Fairmont Southhampton or Elbow Beach? I heard both have gone through recent renovations. Is this complete yet or still risky to get shabby older decor? Can you request a renovated room? What are some of the best off resort activities in Bermuda? What about dinner attire? I like the bermuda shorts, jacket, and knee socks (blue or white?) for men!

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 04:19 AM
Hmmm...

I don't think Elbow Beach can compare to the Southhampton Princess, but I have not seen recent renovations.<BR>And I have never seen men in knee socks at dinner! <BR>

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 08:22 AM
Erin

I prefer Elbow Beach b/c it is on the beach. For the Southampton, you have to take a shuttle to the beach. <BR><BR>Erin

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 10:03 AM
Jennifer

Christine,<BR><BR>I've had the pleasure of staying at both resorts and would have to say, at this point, Elbow Beach is by far the most lovely resort in Bermuda. I have been there several times and since it's last renovation, it has just become a fabulous resort! Highly recommended. If you need more detailed info, let me know!

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 05:17 PM
Christine

Thanks, all for your advice. How is the beach at Elbow? Jennifer, did you try the spa? If I stay at Elbow Beach, can I request a renovated room or are renovations done for the hotel?