Fragipanni, CuisinArt or Viceroy in August?

Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 09:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fragipanni, CuisinArt or Viceroy in August?

This is my first trip to Anguilla and looking forward to it. It is so hard to pick a resort. It is a romantic getaway for 5 days. Do you favor one resort or the other? Is there a particular room/unit at each hotel that has a better view of the water? Would you wait until arrival to try and get upgraded? We will rent a car to get around to see the island. Thanks for all your help.
Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 10:16 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Love Anguilla.

I know so many posters liked Cuisinart. We didn't stay there, but did go there for lunch. What we didn't like was that the pool was right in the middle of the lobby and restaurants. You will be on "display". But then, maybe they have another pool that I wasn't aware of.

Both the Viceroy and Frangipanni look a little more comfortable IMO.
Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 10:56 AM

I just booked a return trip at the Frangipani earlier today. I'll be returning with my mom for a 5-night stay in mid-December. We loved the Frangipani during our first stay 2 years ago. It's so intimate, the beach is absolutely stunning and usually not very crowded. Having the Straw Hat on the premises is a great bonus as well. I don’t remember which specific room we stayed in 2 years ago, but, we were upgraded to a one-bedroom suite when we had booked just an ocean view room. The room was on the first floor, and we would swing open our doors and be just a couple steps from the beach. I love being lulled to sleep by the sounds of the waves crashing against the beach. They are also running a special on Facebook right now, that gives you one night free if you book for five nights.
Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 11:47 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies...Cuisnart is running a special for 5 nights also stay 4 and get 5th free....Everyone likes Frangipanni and not a bad review. It is a surprise for my girlfriend. The Cuisnart is sentimental in the sense that we just went to Santorini in the Spring and she fell in love with it...can always go there for dinner...tough decision....
Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 01:37 PM

Take a look at Cap Juluca we stayed there last summer and had a great time. The beach is outside you door and the service was great. We visited Cuisnart and liked Cap Juluca better.Rent a jeep and go at your own pace.If you go make sure you go to Gwens for lunch, great place to have a few beers and take in the site`s....
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 09:11 AM

I can totally favor Cuisinart.It is my favorite. Stay on the third floor-Luxury suite. You will have the best view of the beach and ocean that you can imagine, along with a great view of St. Martin. I would suggest villas 8-10. You will love it!
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 08:32 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Anguilla Girl! I appreciate the advice...It does look really nice from the pictures. I think Ihave it between Frangipanni and CuisinArt...I do want to hit Gwen's, the Sand Bar, Smokey's, Trattoria, Straw Hat, Barrel Stay, and a cruise with Chocolat...
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 02:53 AM

Why villas 8-10, Anguillagirl? Are those the ones closest to the private villas? I'm curious, as we stayed in one that was kind of central, and always walked all the way down to the left side of the resort, facing the ocean - mostly for quiet.
Old Jun 25th, 2010, 06:25 AM

We are going to Anguilla for the first time next week and staying at Cap Juluca. We are so excited!! I was told that the upper floors are better since they have a great view of the ocean. I will definitely give a full report when we get back
Old Jun 25th, 2010, 11:12 AM

Re: Cuisinart - It is on sale right now at Jetsetter.com for 6 more days. Luxury room is $240/night, Jr Suite is $300 and 2 bd suite is $730.
Old Jun 27th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Original Poster

Beach girl,

I tried jetsetter but they seem to say they will notify me when I can join. A wait list? How long does it typically take before they respond as the price you mention is the best I have seen for weeks... Thanks for the info
Old Jul 1st, 2010, 05:43 AM

Tommy Bay,
Depending on when and how long you want to stay at Cuisinart, you may be able to do just as well with one of the promotions offered directly by the hotel. They are offering a 7-night stay for an average $285/night called "Stay One More Night". There are other promotions as well, including their Suite Escape, which I believe is a 5-night stay at $320/night.
Old Jul 1st, 2010, 07:36 AM

I signed up for Jetsetter to see the promotion, it only took a few days to get the invite. My concern is that a small part of their information in the listing is out of date. They list the ferry as $10 per person; it was $15 per person in May (plus departure taxes). A small error, but noticing it my first five minutes on the site, makes me a bit cautious is trusting all the information. I've emailed them to let them know of the correction, but you might want to double check the information before booking something on that site.
Old Jul 2nd, 2010, 11:28 AM

If you have a friend on Jetsetter you can have them send you an invite and no waiting.

I have bought 2 packages on Jetsetter with no issues and have been pleased with the transactions.

I haven't checked but LuxuryLink is another one I use often.
Old Jul 5th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all,

I did get the invite and I booked on Jetsetter as I only have 4 nights on this trip. This is our first time to Anguilla. WE wanted to do a sunset catamaran cruise in Anguilla. I know many people recommend Chocolat? Does anyone have an email for them that they will respond to? Thanks again
Old Jul 5th, 2010, 10:04 AM

I'm glad to hear it worked out for you.
Old Jul 6th, 2010, 03:21 AM

Try [email protected] for a booking on Chocolat. Jackie at Ripples handles his bookings.
Old Jul 6th, 2010, 03:22 AM

Oh, where's the edit button? The email address for Chocolat is [email protected].