Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Four Seasons Costa Rica, Punta Mita or Nevis (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/four-seasons-costa-rica-punta-mita-or-nevis-521440/)

costigan14 Apr 15th, 2005 07:19 AM

Four Seasons Costa Rica, Punta Mita or Nevis

My fiance and I are planning a honeymoon and are trying to pick a luxurious resort. Aside from the differences with locations, which of these resorts is the most luxurious? Has anyone been to all three?

eileen Apr 15th, 2005 08:25 AM

When are you going? Some locations better than others depending on time of year. I have only been to Punta Mita, my impression is that it draws fewer kids than Nevis, but it is very hot in Punta Mita in the summer months (Costa Rica also). Most reviews indicate that Nevis is overrun by kids most of the year, but especially in the summer. That may not be what you had in mind for a honeymoon. Punta Mita is heaven, look at the tripadvisor reviews, the reviews for Nevis are mixed, the reviews for PM and CR are glowing. Both PM and CR are better values than Nevis. And the big question is -- what is your definition of luxurious? Luxury means different things to different people.

costigan14 Apr 15th, 2005 10:17 AM

Thanks so much for your reply, we are going in September. As for luxury we are looking to be pampered. I want a gorgeous pool and beach and I want the ammenities to be top notch.
I was set on Nevis and then read the trip advisor reviews and was a little discouraged. Were the rooms at Punta Mita nice? Was it on par with most other Four Seasons that you have stayed at? Thanks again.

wsm2004 Apr 15th, 2005 10:29 AM

I went to 4S Costa Rica for my honeymoon last year - I haven't stayed at Punta Mita or Nevis - There probably isn't much I can tell you that you haven't read about on trip advisor - but we thought it was such an amazing honeymoon - We were there in November - there were quite a few couples there on their honeymoons -
The only draw back is that the beach isn't amazing - now I liked the beach and thought it very nice - and as far as lux ammenities the beach service is great - but the water isn't that super clear caribbean blue - I still think that the resort is so amazing -

Sunnyboy Apr 15th, 2005 10:40 AM

September is peak hurricane season in the Caribbean so that may affect your decision regarding 4S - Nevis.

eileen Apr 15th, 2005 11:32 AM

Most of the candid view photos of PM on tripadvisor are mine --- you can see how nice the pool and views are. The rooms look just like the website photos. The service was wonderful, we loved the resort. The beach is not the white white sand and caribbean blue water, it is darker sand and water, also check out differentworld.com for more photos. The rooms at CR look a little nicer than Punta Mita -- PM has a barefoot/tropical/Mexican/open air/elegance type of atmosphere. Not glitzy but the luxury is in the service and the overall package of the resort.

MIM04 Apr 15th, 2005 01:14 PM

FS Nevis is always rated among the best caribbean resorts - I have stayed there a few times and go there quite often to eat, spa, whatever. Its great, beautiful, quiet. There is lots to do on Nevis. Lots of restaurants and friendly people. Its wonderful! I am actually going to Nevis in a couple of weeks, cannot wait to get to the FS Spa!