For Kristen - GC restaurants

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11th, 2003, 11:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed you've been trying to compile a list of not-to-be missed restaurants and wanted to contribute. Our absolute favorites are Pappagallo's, The Lighthouse and Smuggler's Cove. Like you, we also spent our honeymoon in Grand Cayman (last November) and had a wonderful time. We loved it so much we went back this year for vacation. Hope your wedding is all you've dreamed it will be. Good luck!
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 11:56 AM

Thanks Nina! Smuggler's Cove is definitely on the top on my list. I was just asking about thsoe that I was not sure of the location. Where is Pappagallo's? And where did you stay for your honeymoon?
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 12:05 PM

Also Nina...did you got to The Reef Grill? That's where we are planning ti have our wedding dinner. It was between that and Smugglers' Cove. People's comments swayed me toward Reef Grill.
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 02:18 PM

Kristen,

Check out www.caymanrestaurants.com

There are maps!
Old Sep 12th, 2003, 09:57 AM
Original Poster

Hi Kristen,

I agree with the poster who said to get a map for Pappagallo. It's not hard to find, but you'll need a car. There is well-marked signage that will direct you. It's a great place. You won't be disappointed. Their food is fabulous.

We did eat at the Reef Grill when we were on our honeymoon last year. I remember we liked it, although it wasn't our favorite place. We didn't eat there when we were on vacation in August, so I can't really give you a more detailed opinion.

As for our honeymoon, despite all the naysayers on this board, we stayed in an oceanfront suite at the Westin because that is what we wanted and had a fabulous time. In August, we stayed at the Villas of the Galleon because we were traveling with family. We picked the Villas because we love that section of beach (it's next door to the Westin). It's so beautiful.

While not in the luxury category (as they say they are), we found the Villas to be well-maintained and well-equipped, clean and private. We stayed in an oceanfront condo on the side of the property closest to the Westin and weren't affected by the construction at the Ritz in the least. They are centrally located, so it's easy to get places. While we had a great time, the next time we go to Cayman,we'll stay in a different condo.

Cayman is so beautiful and we just love it there. Again, I hope your wedding and honeymoon are everything you've dreamed they will be. Oh, and be sure to see the stingrays! Best of luck to you!