Notices

Food prices at Wyndham and local area?

Old Oct 31st, 2004, 12:43 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Food prices at Wyndham and local area?

Does anyone know what to expect to pay for breakfast and lunch at the Wyndham in March? How far is it to walk from there to local fast food places ie Subway, Dunkin Donuts, Pizza? Thanks. Feeding 4 teenage boys!
Old Oct 31st, 2004, 06:14 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No idea which Wyndham you are talking about but if you want Subway, Dunkin Donuts and Pizza suggest not leave US....otherwise try to encourage the buys to try the local cuisine, will break in their taste buds and experience.
Old Nov 1st, 2004, 09:59 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
IT is the Wyndham in Aruba, which I hear has very expensive restaurant prices. I was asking about restaurants, not how to parent my kids.
Old Nov 1st, 2004, 11:46 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There is a dunkin donuts about 3 or 4 blocks from the Wyndham. It would probably take you about 20 minutes to walk. There is a pizza place there too. I didn't see subway. I saw taco bell, but that is on the main road to town. Also, McDonalds is everywhere.
Salt and Peppers was a good place to eat breakfast. We had pancakes and coffee for about $10 for two. The food was good.

At the Wyndham, breakfast ran us $20 for two, a la carte. The buffet is much more, but we never had it so I can't say how much. Lunch was about $35-$40, with us each having a drink. Dinners ran around $100. They add 15% tip to everything!

I heard that Playa Linda has a buffett that is $9.95 each. You might want to check that out.

Peace, Greenie
Old Nov 1st, 2004, 01:22 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Subway is on the main road in town. I usually stay at an all-inclusive property and venture out to dinner a few nights, but I have never gone to any of the American chains so I can't offer any advice on pricing.

To save some money get the Aruba Plus Card. Here's the link to see what deals they offer and info on how to order it. If you are renting a car it pays for itself.

http://www.visitaruba.com/plus/

Enjoy your trip! When will you be there? I will be there in 14 days!

Nancy
Old Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:59 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There is a Subway, Sbarro Italian Eatery and Dunkin Donuts just a few blocks from the Wyndham. Actually the Subway is right across from Sbarro, which has pizza and pasta, etc. There is a Tony Roma's just a little further. Also, Tomatoe Charlies and Smokey Joes in the same area might work for you. McDonalds and Wendy's not too far from Wyndham.