Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Food at Ritz Rose Hall Montego Bay (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/food-at-ritz-rose-hall-montego-bay-252870/)

Carolyn Aug 25th, 2002 08:59 AM

Food at Ritz Rose Hall Montego Bay

Hello fellow travelers. I have read several posts on the Ritz Mo Bay. We are going there soon and are quite excited. What is the food quality like and what did you like the best? Do you remember typical entress / styles at the different restaurants? I especially like ethnic / spicy food (I've had the jerk and loved him -- i mean IT). Does the hotel recommend a dress code? What did you tip if there was 10% charge for service, another 10% or a couple dollars. For 4 nights where would you choose dinners? What about breakfast and lunch. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Lenny Aug 25th, 2002 05:48 PM

JUST GO AND ENJOY YOURSELF!!!!! WHY DO YOU PEOPLE HAVE TO KNOW EVERY LITTLE DETAIL ABOUT A PLACE!!!! WHAT'S GREAT FOR ONE PERSON MAY BE LOUSEY FOR SOMEONE ELSE!!! SURELY YOU CAN LIVE WITHOUT ALL THE ANSWERS!!! NOT EVERYONE WANTS A RITZY VACATION, BUT DO YOU REALLY THINK THE RITZ CAN BE THAT BAD???? SOME OF THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE SUPRISES. TAKE A CHANCE. LISTEN TO MY WORDS OF WISDOM - I GUARANTEE YOU WILL WORRY LESS AND HAVE MORE FUN.

Riley Aug 26th, 2002 10:15 AM

Carolyn,<BR><BR>Please don't feel bad about the last response you received. I too would like more info on the Ritz. I like you, just want to be prepared for my vacation....<BR><BR>So, any other Fodor's posters who could help please chime in.<BR><BR>Thanks!

Patty Aug 26th, 2002 10:43 AM

Does anyone know if restaurant gratuities are included in the Key to Paradise package? If not, is it automatically billed to your room account or did you tip in cash? Thanks.

Max Aug 26th, 2002 03:59 PM

I've heard that you need to tip on your own. What have other people done?

Paul Aug 26th, 2002 04:58 PM

The tips ARE included on the Keys to Paradise packages. (I found that hard to believe so I double checked while we were there) The food is good to very good. You won't be disappointed. That said.....I sometimes tipped extra. There really is not a dress code though common sense should prevail. If you like REAL jerk, then have a cab take you to "Scotchies" down the road. Have fun!

Lee Aug 26th, 2002 07:28 PM

Carolyn:<BR><BR>I too like to know a little more about a resort; ignore Lenny's comments he's probably jealous. There are so many instances where I missed some nice opportunities because I was not aware of something. So many travelers have honestly helped me out on this board. <BR><BR>Regarding the Ritz, make your reservations early. Go to White Witch before the sun sets. Order what you want when you want it. Try each of the three main restaurants and on the fourth night revisit the one you liked the best. And post a trip report for the rest of us.