Food at Couples Swept Away??

Aug 1st, 2005, 05:49 PM
Original Poster

Food at Couples Swept Away??

I recently read on a post somewhere that there is little variety to the lunch buffets at CSA. Is this true?? In the past we have stayed at the Lidos and Sans Souci, where the menu entrees and themes changed daily. Is there any comparison or am I going to be disappointed at CSA??
Aug 2nd, 2005, 07:52 PM

Lunch buffet in the main dining room has a big salad bar (chopped fresh veggies, slaws, & bean combos);, a fruit bar; a cheese bar; several cooked dishes (usually a fish, a meat, and a poultry) in the local style, plus veggies & casseroles; various breads & crackers, and the big dessert room. Sometimes there's also cold shrimp, mussels, or clams. The cooked entrees are NOT the same every day.

In addition to this, there's a grill outside for burgers, jerked chicken/pork/ribs, plus whatever the daily grill special is. Then there's also a little outside juice bar where you can get fruit & vegetable juices and smoothies plus salads, sandwiches, wraps, hummus, sushi, guacamole, sprouts, and stuff like that. I was never bored with the food there and it's not only delicious but healthy. To me it always looks like one of those pictures you'd see in the old LIFE moagazine of a huge, colorful holiday cornucopia.
Aug 3rd, 2005, 06:46 AM

When I was there, I ate the fresh grilled snapper every day from the outdoor grill - I kept thinking I would get something different but the snapper was fresh and delicious. I also liked the choices from the veggie bar - the non alcoholic smoothies were great.
Sep 18th, 2005, 01:42 PM

We haven't stayed there for several years, back before it was a part of the Couples group (although it was owned separately by members of the same Issa family who own Couples). One of the things that really impressed us was the quality of the food. I am glad to hear that the food is still a hallmark of the resort.

Search this Thread