flying to Negril from Montego bay

Feb 5th, 2002, 11:05 AM
lisa

flying to Negril from Montego bay

Can anyone give me any information on flying to Negril from Montego Bay?

Feb 5th, 2002, 05:09 PM
Sue

Lisa, We have gone from Mo Bay to Negril (and back) by bus and by plane. Take the plane. Take the plane. Take the plane.

Feb 5th, 2002, 07:17 PM
pam

we flew air jamaica express from mo bay to negril. it cost about $100 per person round trip and it was so worth it. timair also has connections.

Feb 6th, 2002, 04:20 AM
lisa

Approximately how long does it take to clear Jamaican customs and get your luggage? Are Air Jamaica Express and Timair the two main charter companies?

Feb 6th, 2002, 05:53 AM
Paul

Lisa;

I've done it in 10 min and I've done it in 1/2 hour. From the time the plane lands to the moment your driver hands you your first Red Stripe and you sit back and relax for the drive..........
I'd allow and hour. Have fun!

Feb 8th, 2002, 10:34 AM
Norma

I agree with Sue, FLy FLy FLy. We took the bus to Negril and Flew back. there was no way I was going to take that 2 1/2 hour ride back to MoBay. Tim's Air was great. Everyone gets a window seat. It was only $60 each and leaves when you get there. Customs is quick, as long as you look like a middle age or older couple. The college kids get a little closer look. The air port is small and you only have to claim your luggage once, unlike some airports in the states when you go through customs.

Feb 8th, 2002, 10:42 AM
Moira

Here's one for the drive!
I love it--it's long (2 hours) and really bumpy, but it's on the coast line----you get the beauty of the sea intermingled with many different views of Jamaica you just can't get from the air. Do it if you have the time...even if just one way. You'll drive through tiny towns and villages that will give you a cultural perspective of JA that you'll cherish if you love Jamaica like I do.

TimAir is better than Air Jamaica. Keep in mind that planes do not fly in and out of Negril at night as there are no lights...so if that will not work with your travel plans, go for the drive. I can recommend several wonderful drivers with Air Conditioned comfy vans if you like...let me know.

I've been to Negril many times and maybe I'm a little odd, but I really dig the drive

Feb 8th, 2002, 11:40 AM
ohliz

I'm with you Moira, I woudn't miss the drive, I look forward to it every time. More the one TO Negril than the one going back but anything about leaving JA at the end of vacation is kind of sad...the one to Negril is my unwind-and-let-it-sink-in-that-I'm-in-Jamaica trip. Also I somehow manage to be a little buzzed not long into the drive

Do get a private driver, doing the bus ride has got to be less fun. Actually, I've never taken the bus, only done the private driver thing so what do I know, the bus might be fun too, but it is nice to stop whenever you want to, for a red stripe or snack or bathroom break or to take a photo or even once we stopped at a little waterfall for a swim. I'm always tempted to jump in any number of little bays on that road...

I do prefer the "inside" (mountain, Sav, back way...whatever you call it, the B8 I guess) route over the coast route, I think I will prefer it even when the coast road is done, it just passes through beautiful country and very interesting small towns.

It is also faster, under an hour and a half last time.
Liz

Feb 13th, 2002, 12:51 PM
carol

you would miss so much if you took a plane....there is so much to see. I had the option and i chose to go by car. You can ask questions and learn so much about the culture.

Search this Thread