Florida Keys for Honeymoon, any opinions?

Old Dec 17th, 1998, 06:24 AM
Kat

Florida Keys for Honeymoon, any opinions?

My fiance and I wanted to go to a Sandals resort for our honeymoon but find it quite pricey. The airfare put us over our price limit (flying from JFK). So we were thinking of the florida keys. Can anyone give me some opinions on some romantic resorts?

Old Dec 22nd, 1998, 05:58 AM
toby

Sorry, I have been to florida but never to the keys.

Old Dec 22nd, 1998, 11:51 AM
Lauren

I just got back last month. I have become addicted to Mariott's Casa Marina in Key West and now go every year. It isn't too outrageous $$ wise. I recommended it to a friend and she came back engaged after a stay - it is that cozy and romantic! If you go, be sure to pay the extra couple of bucks so that the breakfast buffet is included in your stay as it should not be missed and is cheaper if you include it in your room rate. While the dinner menus are OK, I recommend that you venture out into downtown Key West to experience all the good restaurants versus eating dinner at the hotel. Downtown is only a 10 minute walk, so no rental car is needed. Enjoy!

Old Jan 9th, 1999, 12:07 PM
Kim Gerber

We just got back from the Keys in Nov 98. We stayed at tHe Holiday Isle Resort at Islamoradda and I would reccomend it to anyone. There 4 different room situations to choose from and all of them are great. We stay the least expensive way and had a room in the Howard Johnson. Very clean nice decore and had a private balcony. Our room rate was only 89$ a nite. E-ail me if you need more infor. It was a fantastic place!!!!!

Old Jan 9th, 1999, 12:09 PM
Kim Gerber

We just got back from the Keys in Nov 98. We stayed at tHe Holiday Isle Resort at Islamoradda and I would reccomend it to anyone. There 4 different room situations to choose from and all of them are great. We stay the least expensive way and had a room in the Howard Johnson. Very clean nice decore and had a private balcony. Our room rate was only 89$ a nite. E-ail me if you need more infor. It was a fantastic place!!!!!

Old Jan 11th, 1999, 05:31 PM
Becky

Would recommend Hawke's Cay Resort & Marina which is located around Marathon, maybe on Bird Key. We were there several years ago when it was just a hotel---they now have condos. Great snorkellying. It is also down the road from the dolphin sanctuary, also worth seeing. The Keys are fabulous, we've been there twice. In Key West, I find it very over-developed, but still worth visiting.I also found the restaurants very expensive, but the exchange rate kills us Canadians. Hemingway's house is a must.

Old Jan 12th, 1999, 10:11 AM
nancy

The Hilton on Sunset Key in Key West is beautiful - I beleive its called the Sunset Key Cottages. They have one to three bedroom condos with beautiful views of the water, a great pool, and nice restaurants. There is a boat that runs to Key West 24 hours a day - we found it to be very relaxing. If you do stay there, make sure you check their internet page. I found specials that were not known to us(free lunches and tours)and you needed to make reservations using the code found on the interenet.