Reload this Page >

FLIGHT COSTS TO THE CARIBBEAN

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22nd, 1998, 02:12 PM
lYNDA

My husband and I are taking our 17 year old son and his girlfriend to the Caribbean in August. Which island is the least expensive to fly into? Which airline?

Also what do you think of the Delta Dream Vacations to the Caribbean? Would it not be less expensive to
purchase your airline tickets and then locate a condo to rent for the week?

Help!

Old Apr 23rd, 1998, 08:07 AM
Kathleen

Airfare to the islands is really expensive this year.I just paid almost $500 each to Grand Bahama for June, last year it was only $275 each. I would start calling immediately on rates, especially any charters from your area. My travel agents say there are very few out there and even full price fares were almost at capacity when I called to get mine 2 months ago. A condo is almost always less expensive than a full service hotel because you can pack food and shop on island and then make some meals in your condo. Have fun!

Old Apr 23rd, 1998, 09:50 AM
hyacinth

If you can find a cheap flight, we can recommend a 3bedroom private villa on the North Coast of Jamaica. 15mins from the exciting tourist resort of OCHO RIOS 10mins from DUNNS RIVER FALLS, and lots more. 24hr. security, fully furnished with all mod cons. on full size pool, tennis court, heated jacuzzi near to beaches easily accessible, satellite t.v. very reasonable rates.British owners. e-mail me for more details or call (876)972 9019.

Old Apr 23rd, 1998, 10:55 AM
Art Wickerham

Where are you flying from. In the Ohio area there are charters to the Caribbean from several cities.

The Only Way to Travel

Old Apr 24th, 1998, 06:52 AM
Jean E. Bowers

Where are you going? I live in Ohio and some places are harder to get to than others. I am going to St. Croix in July and am paying around $700.00 which I think is high. You can go to Cancun,Nassau,Jamaica and Aruba and go through Apple tours. Right now Cancun is probably the most reasonable destination. Apple has a very good package with many hotel selections in all price ranges. There are several sites to get good air prices and American Express Travel is only one. You put in dates of travel and it will give you many options with a variety of carriers. I agree that a condo or villa saves money. You can do breakfast and lunch in your own place and then go out for dinner. Every island has places to rent. I have rented two apartments in Jamaica and am renting one in St. Croix. I love the fact that you can have breakfast without having to get dressed in street clothes. You can sit on the balcony and watch the island awaken to a new day. One way to save is to book early, stay over a Saturday night and use the same carrier for all legs of the trip.

Old Apr 24th, 1998, 07:09 AM
Debbie Harrington

I have found that booking your airfare and accomdations separately is cheaper than doing one of the package deals - they sound good but are often considerable more expensive.