Notices

Flamboyant Hotel

Oct 23rd, 1999, 12:40 PM
D

Flamboyant Hotel

can anyone compare Flamboyant Hotel,Secret Harbour and Coyaba Beach Resort?

Oct 23rd, 1999, 02:17 PM
KNoel

People will ask: you're talking about Grenada, right??? I can't speak for the other places, but Flamboyant is on the opposite side of the road from the beach. The beach is down about a gazillion steps. I wanted to check out Secret Harbour, but didn't have time. Grand Anse Beach is nothing to write home about!! Don't stay at one of the hotels on that particular beach just to be on Grand Anse. Enjoy Grenada, wherever you stay.

Oct 23rd, 1999, 02:31 PM
Brian

I've stayed at the Flamboyant several times, but as the previous poster said, it is not directly on the beach and it can be quite a hike down there. However, if you don't mind that, you do have a great view of Grand Anse Bay, St. Georges, and the mountains of the interior. I spent the day touring the island, and went down to the beach late in the afternoon, so it really didn't matter to me. I never stayed at Coyaba, but it is directly on the beach if that is what you prefer. From what I could tell, it looked like a decent place.

As for the Flamboyant accommodations, you can choose a hotel room with a small refrigerator and minibar, a 1-bedroom suite with a kitchen, or a 2-bedroom cottage with a full kitchen. The last time I was there, I stayed in a 1-bedroom suite at the top of the hill (a LOT of steps down to the beach). From the balcony in the front, I had the view I described above. From the back, I had a view of Morne Rouge Bay, and a perfect view of the sunset. Because it was on top of the hill, there was always a nice breeze, so the A/C wasn't necessary.

You can e-mail me if you need more details.

Search this Thread