Five hours in ocho rios Jamaica

Nov 11th, 2018, 06:16 AM
Original Poster

Five hours in ocho rios Jamaica

Hello
We are about to make a cruise that includes some cities that I will soon be asking for advice to do during the short time that the ship stops on those islands. But now I'll start with the first one that is 8 rivers in Jamaica.
We will have a few hours there and we want to go for a walk and see how nice the area is. We are two marriages of around 75 years old, so sports or strenuous activities are not for us.
As in the past we appreciate the suggestions you can offer us.
Thank you.
Nov 12th, 2018, 06:47 PM

Thereís no real place to walk in Ocho Rios. The cruise pier is attached to a shopping mall so you can walk around there. Or you could go get great jerk by taxi. The city does have a kind of downtown, but I donít find it very charming, and itís not near the cruise pier. One fun thing to do in the area is a trip to Firefly, Noel Cowards home in Orcabessa.
Nov 16th, 2018, 04:51 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Vaneland
I think that going to visit the Shaw Park Gardens that is only 5 minutes from the city of 8 Rivers and visit the mall and then sit down and have a drink somewhere is more than enough. We do not have age for strenuous trips. Thank you again for your kindness in advising us.