Notices

Filao Beach vs Isle de France?

Mar 4th, 2002, 12:43 PM
Kelli

Filao Beach vs Isle de France?

We will be traveling to St Barts for our honeymoon this June and are trying to decide on a hotel. We definitely want a hotel directly on the beach, with a great pool area as well. For anyone who has been there, which hotel did you find more appealing, the Filao Beach or Isle de France? (And how was the pool area at the Isle de France?)

Mar 4th, 2002, 02:55 PM
Anon

I've never stayed at either hotel but our friends will be staying at the Filao Hotel in April. They know some people who have stayed there and loved it so they're trying it this year. I happen to like St. Jean beach/area better than Flammands beach/area but it all depends upon the type of atmosphere you're looking for.

St. Jean is a very pretty but busier beach with calmer water. There are more hotels, a few bars/restaurants on the beach and shops and restaurants within walking distance.

Flammand Beach is a larger beautiful beach with rougher water and not usually many people on it. There aren't as many restaurants or hotels on it but there are more villas located there. The Flammand area is quieter and more off the beaten path.

Hope this helps....

Mar 4th, 2002, 05:55 PM
Ashley

I'm not very familiar with Filao Beach hotel, but I don't think it's of the same caliber as Isle de France, Le Toiny, etc. Isle de France's pool area is elegant but simple. I think there's a good picture of it on their website www.isle-de-france.com Flamands Beach is beautiful; I don't remember rough waters. St. Jean and its beach were fun to visit for shopping and dining but I really liked staying a bit off the beaten path at Isle de France. You can get anywhere on the island within 20 minutes, maximum, and Isle de France to St. Jean area is about 10 minutes.

Mar 4th, 2002, 06:25 PM
Lyn

Hi Kelli,

There's quite a bit of a price difference between the two hotels as well with Isle de France being the more pricey of the two.

On Flammands beach you will definitely find a more active surf with higher waves than what you'll have at St. Jean beach where the water tends to be more calm....

Search this Thread