Ferry From St. Martin To St. Barths

Old May 30th, 2001, 11:18 AM
jfs

Ferry From St. Martin To St. Barths

is it any easier or economical to fly into st. martin and then take a ferry over to st. barths? <BR> <BR>travelocity and expedia are so far mostly useless for trying to schedule a round trip from atlanta to st. barths, but i haven't tried calling an airline or travel agent directly yet. for those of you that have been, did you go through a travel agent or airline directly? <BR> <BR>going in mid-july, and i can't wait!! i even get to stay at the carl gustaf, which looks beautiful!! <BR> <BR>thanks!

Old May 30th, 2001, 01:45 PM
kmd

Hi jfs! <BR>We are leaving for St.Barts on June 11 and will be staying at the Carl Gustaf. I too could not get quotes thru travelocity and expendia. Went thru a travel agent. The flight from St. Martin to St. Barts is about $100 per person on Win Air. I read horror stories of sea sickness on the ferry so decided that wasn't for us.

Old May 31st, 2001, 08:48 AM
R. Bailey

How rough the ferry is depends on sea conditions, but the other problem is relating its schedule to your flight. More convenient to fly, and not that musch difference in cost overall. Hava always used an agent to get tickets on Winair.

Old May 31st, 2001, 09:45 AM
John

If you can afford to go to ST Barts you can afford to fly (Win Air). It is not that much more than the ferry and saves 1 hr and risk of seasickness.

Old Jun 1st, 2001, 05:25 AM
jfs

thanks for the advice, guys. looks like i'll just get in touch with a travel agent and let them set up the plane ride. <BR> <BR>the ferry might have been a little more of an "adventure", but i guess i'll save that for getting up the nerve to take my swimsuit off at one of the nude beaches!! <BR> <BR>thanks! <BR> <BR>