Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Feedback on these St. Lucia hotels??? (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/feedback-on-these-st-lucia-hotels-595523/)

TXgalinGA Mar 1st, 2006 03:41 PM

Feedback on these St. Lucia hotels???

Coco Kreole St Lucia
Coco Palm St Lucia
Club St Lucia
Windjammer Landing

I am in the middle of planning a VERY last minute vacation to St. Lucia- leaving March 14 for 4 nights. My husband is an airline employee and we are getting a great deal (I think, I left the prices at work) Most are about $200/night... We are a young active couple who like to have a great time :) Any input at all would be great! I will post prices when I get back to work tomorrow morning.

TIA!!!

LM3682 Mar 1st, 2006 06:55 PM

I stayed at Club St. Lucia a few years ago. It's not fancy, but it's clean. You stay in cement duplex style single story units with patios. It's a very large property and is more family oriented. We didn't feel overwhelmed with screaming children though. It has a couple beaches so you can spread out. One is down in a cove and not many people went to that one-but there was a bar on it! Lots of activities like windsurfing, sailing etc. I don't remember the food being good or bad. I just recall them having Heineken on tap that you could serve yourself (picture a 7-11 fountain machine but with beer!) Can't speak to the other places. Check www.tripadvisor.com for more reviews. Have fun!

Caribbean_Lover Mar 2nd, 2006 12:17 AM

Hi
I would not recommend Club St Lucia. Coco Palm and Coco Kreole are both nice smallish hotels/resorts and located near Rodney Bay so they have easy access to the beach and restaurants. This means you don't have to go all inclusive. Also you are less likely to get children at those two hotels.

Windjammer Landing is a large mixed resort with villas and 1-bedroom rooms that still have more room than the average hotel room. It is a bit more isolated and Rodney Bay is about 10 minutes drive away. Taxis are quite pricey. There are 4 restaurants on site however and the food is good. Windsurfing and hobiecats and some snorkelling are free to guests so if you are looking for a watersports active holiday go for this. If you want a good variety of restaurants, easy access to more nightlife etc go for a hotel in the Rodney Bay area. HOpe this helps. If you want pictures on Windjammer email me on

[email protected]

Good luck with your choice and have a great time!

TXgalinGA Mar 2nd, 2006 07:07 AM

Wouls you stay at the Coco Palm for $170/night including breakfats? Is that a decent deal? What is the breakfast like? Toast and fruit, or eggs and meat?

Also, what are prices like on the island? We like decent food and are def. drinkers.... but we do not need 3 course meals every evening...

Thanks! Just trying to figure out how much this trip might cost us :)

Kaymit Mar 2nd, 2006 10:26 AM

I ahve been to st. Lucia many times as it is my favorite island in the Caribbean. I would also recommend Coco Palm in Rodney Bay. It is right across the street from the beach so not directly on it but certainly only a 5 min. walk. It is also within walking distance of lots of great restaurants and beach actiivites.

If you want to stay down by the Pitons I would check out Stonefield Estates as they are very nice for the price and within walking distance of town. The beach there is not that great but they do have shuttle that will take you to Jalouise Plantation's beach which is very nice.