Feedback on The Meridian Club

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd love to get some help in deciding where to go for our 20th Anniversary. We went to Little Dix Bay(Virgin Gourda)on our honeymoon. I had read some great reviews about The Meridian Club, but would love to talk to someone who's been there. We like relaxed, friendly, and low-key. No tv's/phones is just fine with us. We would like a beautiful setting, great food, understated elegance.

I was also looking at an add for Jumby Bay. Anyone been there who can comment?

Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 12:02 PM

I cannot comment on the resort itself, but I can tell you that the beach is to die for. We passed by it on a couple of snorkeling trips and it is beautiful (as are most of the beaches in T&C). I do know that the island is very sparce. I think the Meridian is the only resort on that island, the other structures are private homes owned by stars like Bruce Willis and Bill Cosby.

I hate to admit this, but if they had a TV in the room the Meridian Club is the resort I would want to go to.
Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 01:46 PM

Gerry and I just returned from the Meridian Club two weeks ago and have already booked for next year. The beach is the best we have seen in all of our Caribbean travels and the "resort" offered exactly what we were looking for: peace, quiet and serenity.
Old Jan 24th, 2005, 04:23 AM

Though LUVvacation is certainly right about the gorgeous beaches on Pine Cay (where Meridian Club is located), I think s/he may be confusing Pine Cay with Parrot Cay. There are certainly some private homes on Pine Cay, but fron what I gather they are owned by successful professional types rather than celebs. Parrot Cay does help to market itself with the celebrities who have built luxury villas there, including Bruce Willis. Either one would provide wonderful beaches and a similar natural setting.
Old Jan 25th, 2005, 02:36 PM

Regarding the homes on Pine Cay:
I am only quoting what has been told to us on 3 different trips past the Meridian Club and island.
Each time was with a different snorkel trip operator. I assumed the locals would know their neighbors. If I'm wrong, sorry

Old Jan 25th, 2005, 04:10 PM

There are about 30 private homes on Pine Cay. After visiting there last week, we got the impression that most homes have been owned by the same residents for years. No celebrity spotting, I think Parrot Cay is the place for that!