All inclusive Carribbean honeymoon (not Mexico)

Old Feb 25th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All inclusive Carribbean honeymoon (not Mexico)

Hello, We need help. 2 years ago we listented to you and vacationed at the Royal at Playa Del Carmen. It was marvalous. Now we are planning our honeymoon. We would like to go to an all inclusive with many restaurants with great food, many beautiful pools, beautiful beaches, and nightime activities. We would like to go to a island instead of Mexico. My fellow fodorites you have never steered me wrong. Pleae help me now.
Old Feb 25th, 2012, 04:29 PM
KVR

I have been to 14 AI resorts throughout Mexico and the Carribean. You really aren't going to find what your looking for outside of Mexico. I've tried.

However, look at the Jewell Dunns River in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. We stayed there this past December and enjoyed. Most any of the Sandals resorts, though we felt they were way over priced for what they offered.

Maybe the Majestic on the DR, but I'm not a big fan of the DR in general.

Here's a list of the AI resorts in the Caribbean. Maybe you can find a resort/area to your liking.

http://www.caribbeanallinclusive.com...ve_resorts.cfm
Old Feb 26th, 2012, 02:53 AM

bookit.com

DR puntacana.com luxurylink.com Hard Rock and Excellence favs
Jamaica little dodgier more of a rasta vibe good nature adventure Couples Swept Away my fav. www.almondresorts.com Morgan sales now little more laid back but very nice good sales now on vacationstogo.com

Happy Hunting!
Old Feb 26th, 2012, 05:06 AM
KVR

I thought about this some more. Look at the Iberostar and Secrets in Montego Bay, Jamaica. Both of these resort chains are in Mexico and get really good reviews and around the same level as the Royal.

Outside of Jamaica and DR there are not any resorts that offers such amenities at such a decent price.

Once we went to the Royal, no resort has ever stacked up to it with regards to rooms, price, food quality and location in one resort. The Jewell is a very close second, but their rooms are small and bleh, which is typical for a Sandals (it was formally a Sandals) and nothing like 5th Avenue around it. However, there are some very good off site tours and things to see and do. You will need to hire a driver. When we return to Jamaica, we will look at the Iberostar and Secrets.

FYI, Couples' room quality can't not compare to the Royal. However, Couples Negril has a really nice pool on a good section of beach. Their top catagory room is nice, but you won't find marble everywhere and no in room jacuzzis, but the top catagory room has a bathtub with jets.

Also, look at The Excellence in the DR. That resort chain is in Mexico also and on that same level. However, the resort is quite isolated and I've read the water at the beach can get pretty choppy.

Good luck with your search. It's going to be quite difficult.
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 02:43 AM

thebestpuppeteer
Coincidentally we are planning our honeymoon and had decided on Couples Sweptaway in Negril, but then had second thoughts and wondered about the Royal in Playa, what is your thoughts on the suitability of this? The other Island that we keep wondering about is Barbados after meeting a couple who definitely rated Barbados over Negril.
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 05:24 AM
KVR

stevelyon, if your wanting a lux resort close to resturants, shopping, bars and entertainment, the Royal can not be beat.

Also, the Secrets and Iberostar resorts out side of Playa del Carmen are very nice and get great reviews.

I prefer Mexico over Jamaica. However, I do like to branch out to other Caribbean Islands when we can afford it as they are way more expensive.
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Original Poster

Thank you to you all. We ended picking secrets maroma. We hope this was the right choice.
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 03:55 PM
KVR

It gets good reviews and recommendations. Personally, I would have went with the El Dorado Maroma. But, that's me. I like smaller and quieter. But, I think you will be pleased with your choice. Please let us know how you liked it. When are you going?

We decided on Cabo this year for our December trip. Wanted to try something new and from research looks like they have an area set up kinda like 5th Avenue in Playa and has a strip of beach restaurant/bars. Hope we like it as much as the pools there are heated in December. In Playa they are not.