everyone's e-mail addresses

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 01:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am I the only one on this sight who is leary of posting my e-mail address to people who say they will send their travel tips, etc. to you? I'm sure this is done with the best of intentions but I thought some people troll for addresses in that manner and then send you viruses,etc.
Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 01:16 PM

I wouldn't.
Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 05:35 PM

I use a special webmail address (yahoo, hotmail etc), and don't open any strange mail. You have to be careful browsing also, viruses can be imbedded in websites also.
Old Jul 23rd, 2004, 06:22 AM

I agree that I only give my Yahoo email address out on line, not my personal address. I've never had any problem with other people using the address, however. You can typically tell when a poster is sincere in exchanging info by email.
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 09:53 AM

I've posted my e-mail address and offered to send people tips on Barbados. We've been traveling there since 1986 -- just completed our 19th trip this past week. I do this in an effort to be helpful to people and save them from bad travel experiences. I am not a travel agent -- just someone who loves Barbados and wants others to have the same good experience we have enjoyed.

I simply reply to peoople's e-mail addresses with my tips and that's it. If they want to correspond further asking questions, I am happy to help.

I don't know what others do, but I thought I'd share my thoughts on my reasons for offering my help. Many people have written me after returning and having used my tips and have said they have been most helpful.

Lois

Lois